GO!

When do I get registered in my town

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Athena

Purred: Tue Aug 9, '11 2:24pm PST 
Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this but my daddy has a quick question. In most towns the registration fee is pretty high for an unaltered kitty while it's only $2 for a fixed kittie in his town. He would like to know how you handle kittens! We are obviously too young and tiny to go through that! Do most people just wait until after we are fixed? What if I'm caught out (unlikely) will my daddy get a ticket if I'm not registered? This seems like a little hole in the system unless daddy is just missing something! Any information would be welcome, thanks!
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 1:35pm PST 
I think every town has their own regulations regarding pet licenses. You might check your township/city/village's website and see if there is more information regarding registering a cat. If you can't find it there, you might need to call them to find out.thinking

Nalla

It's me and my- family forever!

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 3:33pm PST 
Most municipalities that have pet licensing regulations allow an automatic adjustment period of a licensed pet having offspring. The time for proper licensing would come at a time when the babies are old enough for adoption. If the parents/guardians decide they are going to keep the new offspring as their own pets, they would have to properly license the young ones at that time. If adopting out, there would be a reasonable expected period of one to four weeks during which time a suitable home should be found for the young. After that reasonable time has passed, there may be ordinances requiring licensing. There may also be ways around if the kitties are living in a listed foster home, but not every municipality has ordinances governing kitty foster care. Check with the local municipality.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 8:09pm PST 
I would say call your city hall. There might be a grace period if they are under three months. Our little city requires dog to get city tags. We are not required to do anything for cats. But I can only have three.
[notify]

HoneyBaby

Quartz makes a- great pillow.

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 4:55pm PST 
Questions. How old are the kits and how much do they weigh?. They can be fixed at eight weeks old and weigh at least 2 lbs.

??
[notify]

Tigger

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 9:29pm PST 
One is 10 weeks, and two are 15 weeks. I have never heard of fixing kittens that young I know some vets will do it fairly early but even then I thought 3-4 months. My vet doesn't do it until they are six months which I believe is pretty standard
[notify]