GO!

Animal petitions

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Thu Jan 27, '11 12:33pm PST 
Hi guys! Didn't know if you all knew about this website. My momma signs stuff here everyday for animal rights and it really works! They show you on the site which ones have been won or not. It's great!
http://animals.change.org/

applause
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 8:57am PST 
More power to ya, Lacey! I can't sign petitions because Japan regards it as a political activity, which I am barred from, and the United States regards me as suspect because I am an expatriate. I prefer to fly under the radar.
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 12:04pm PST 
Oh that's too bad Harvey. Well, your heart is in the right place though and that's good enough for us! big grinway to go
[notify]

Nellie

yummyyummy i got- fancy feast in- my tummy

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 3:50pm PST 
hi lacey. i visited the site it wouldnt let me sign anything and it also it didnt let make an account either. it kept saying website invaild. have no idea what that means.
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:01pm PST 
Nellie, did you just copy and paste the url I gave? Because I just did it that way and I got there just fine. You don't have to join at all, you just click on the sign thingy when you want to sign something and just provide an email address and your name. That's it. Try it again sweetie and let me know what happens. This time copy and paste the one I gave you. way to go
[notify]

Nellie

yummyyummy i got- fancy feast in- my tummy

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 6:29pm PST 
yup i did the copy and paste thing from link u provided. i tried just providing my name and e-mail address and when i try to sign it i keep getting an error on top saying i need to provide my address. i dont exactly want to provide my address.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 1:56am PST 
Nellie- in order for a petition to be valid it has to have valid signatures which can be verified by the address. (Some petitions are only for certain states, ect).
In all petitions that get sent out to representatives, your mailing address is included so that they can confirm that you are one of their constituents.
But they keep that info private and only share it with the state rep, not even the person who creates the petition can see that info.
If you live in say an apartment you can put the street address without the apartment number - because that's really all they need.

I hope that helps!
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 9:57am PST 
Yup, Annabelle is right. I do it all the time but what I do is just give my street address and not my full address. That way they mostly just send me stuff through email. But this way also, we get to know if the petition was victorious or not. I really didn't like that idea either at first but this site is VERY reputable and has made a tremendous difference in so many valuable causes. I've been on it for 3 years now. But I can understand completely if you're not comfortable sweetie. Don't feel you have to do it okay? way to go
[notify]