GO!

Petco and Petsmart under investigation for animal abuse

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:34pm PST 
BTW, I posted my cats for adoption on Petfinder, and I was worried that maybe Petfinder was not to be trusted. That's why I asked the question.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 9:10am PST 
Not going to beat the horse to death here, but my issue with ANY store that sells gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, parrots, etc is that the animals are SOLD to people. No adoption forms to fill out, no questions about where the animal is going, for what reason, how educated the folks are on the animal.
I know alot of 'exotic's wind up with people who have no knowledge of how to take care of them. When I worked at a no kill shelter we had a couple come in ready to kill each other...both in tears. The man had bought...don't ask me how, when, or where....a very large monitor lizard. He had moved in with 'girlfriend' who had toy poodles. The animals were usually seperated, but somehow one of the dogs got in the lizards room and became lunch. The woman wanted the Monitor killed. She was beyond upset. The man was angry and upset....he loved the Monitor and was in a state of shock and didn't know what to do.

We calmed them down...I called a Rescue that deals in Exotic lizards and very luckily the creature got a good home where he won't be in a cage but in an enclosure that has a bit of space to it and treated as the Monitor he is.

Another time a lady bought in a parrot. He was lovely. She had purchased him for her son, who was neglecting him. She wanted to 'donate' him to us. Guess where she got him? Petco!
They would not take him back...know why? He had become a 'biter'. We were lucky in that a good parrot rehabber/rescuer I knew took him and found him a good home with somoeone who had the time for him.

That is my thing...they are doing some good, by helping some animals to find homes...but the ones they sell? They do no 'adoptions' there.

I won't patronize them for this reason.
[notify]

Catster HQ

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 12:58pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

Catster HQ

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 12:58pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4