GO!

Sadly, another petition requiring our support

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Ludwig RIP- (June 17,- 2003 - Ma

I do show- affection, I- swear!

Purred: Sat Apr 7, '07 3:45pm PST 
The details are graphic, so I'll spare you. In our opinion (I speak for myself and family), expulsion is the first of the sanctions the criminal should face....how about serious jail time.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/546663467

Cont rary to some popular beliefs, the world is not split in two i.e. cat people and dog people. These absolutely wonderful creatures (indeed, all animals) deserve love and if not, the minimum respect we as a society give to LIFE.

Abuse of this kind, if not OK for humans, shouldn't be acceptable for pets....and not just because of the institution's reputation to uphold.

We apologize if this has already been brought up earlier.
[notify]

Shanghai- Moon (CHEW)

Putty in white

Purred: Sat Apr 7, '07 9:53pm PST 
I have sign and resigned this one and have plastered his face on myspace page............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I am sick of abusers...just sick

Shanghai Moons mommie
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 12:03am PST 
Hey Ludwig! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, of course I'll sign this. This guy needs to named, shamed and treated by his fellow humans with the contempt he showed that puppy. And they expelled from Cornell.

Leida.

-- link removed --

Edited by author Sun Apr 8, '07 12:05am PST

[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 12:06am PST 
red face Let's try that link again.

CLICK TO SIGN PETITION
[notify]

Ludwig RIP- (June 17,- 2003 - Ma

I do show- affection, I- swear!

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 7:07am PST 
Thanks Leida for posting the HOT link. I thought that's what I had done lol..Luckily, you're there to help all of us (I've noticed) with that. I had difficulty sleeping over this one, given the graphic details.
[notify]

Ava

You'd better pet- me

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 10:17am PST 
Mommy signed the Petition. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
Many years ago, when mommy was a grade schooler, her dog was out one night. (that was a long time ago when people used to let their animals out and about and spaying/neuturing wasn't as widespread) Neighborhood kids beat her doggy with a baseball bat, breaking his hip and one leg. Sadly, an infection set in after the leg was set and and the dog, Pepper, had to be put down because he was so sick. Mommy can still remember HER mommy crying about that dog everyday.
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 10:29am PST 
I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it - if a person can commit these horrible acts on a defenceless animal, then they are only a short step away from doing it to another human. frown
[notify]

Ava

You'd better pet- me

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '07 7:08pm PST 
Leida,
You are exactly right! My grammy used to read all true crime stories and there were ALWAYS 3 common denominators that all serial killers/criminals had in common. One of them was that they abused animals first.
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '07 2:02am PST 
A pet is for most children, the very first living creature that they get to care for. It is important that this is supervised by a responsible adult because that child can influence whether the animal lives or dies.

If the attitude of the adult is to treat the pet as a replacable toy, then the child will think of it in the same way. Consequently the pet will stand very little chance. If the child gets bored because the kitten or puppy isn't so playful any more then maybe the child will look to replace that animal.

The important thing children should learn from caring for pets is that pets have feelings. Not just physical feelings, but emotional ones as well. Animals feel and give love, loyalty and gratitude and a child should learn to appreciate that.

If a pet is treated as a replaceable toy, then they won't get treated well and the child could grow up not experiencing that empathy and that's something they are likely to take into their adulthood.

It's no wonder to me that animal abusers can become violent adults.

Leida
[notify]

Bambi

Little Woman

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 12:14am PST 
red faceSick bastard.red face SIGNED!red facered facered facered facered face
[notify]