GO!

Kitten never mews

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Sat Jul 13, '13 4:43pm PST 
My kitten never mews.

Like, ever.

I've had him since he was 6 weeks - he's 16 weeks now - and I've heard him mew twice. Once, the morning after I adopted him and I had put him in the other room and he was very excited to meet me and be fed! And two, when he climbed to the top of the mattress in the storage area and couldn't get down.

Is he broken? Why won't he talk to me? He purrs a lot.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Jul 13, '13 5:19pm PST 
Every cat is different. Some cats do mew but it's so soft that you just can't hear it shrug Other cats are just silent. There's nothing medically wrong with them, they're just quiet cats shrug Like people. Some people are loud and talkative, others are quiet and reserved. And there are some cats who will only audibly meow when they want something.

Don't worry about the not meowing. Just enjoy having your new kitten way to go
[notify]

Bastian

Oh, you don't- play? Too bad!

Purred: Sat Jul 13, '13 7:11pm PST 
Bubbles can meow, hiss, cry, yowl, and mew. She is very vocal and her emotional weather can be determined by the noises she is making. big grin

Bastian is her silent partner. big laugh He purrs, a whole bunch. But he barely meows. He only meows at meal times, and his meow is a deep, scratchy, quiet meow. It is barely heard unless my house is silent at 8:30 am.shrug

My little cats are polar opposites. But a quiet kitty isn't unusual.
[notify]

Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Mon Aug 5, '13 8:50am PST 
We had a cat who didn't meow except when he was on the hunt (this was when he was allowed outside). He purred like nobody's business, but he didn't meow. I now have one who meows as loudly as any cat I've ever owned, but he doesn't vocalize his purrs. Just like any other trait, there are all kinds of cats out there. It makes the world go 'round....
[notify]