GO!

Is this normal??

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bathory

Purred: Tue Jun 11, '13 2:15pm PST 
Okay, Saturday, I rescued a momma cat and her baby. Took them to the vet, vet says kitten is about five weeks old. He's not fully weaned but momma has dried up.
I've been having to force feed him kitten milk and soft cat food gruel just to get him to eat. He's pretty much fur and bones.

My problem is, he hasn't pooped since Saturday when my boyfriend and I found him. I'm kind of scared something is wrong with him or his digestive tract or whatever. He's peed plenty of times, every three or four hours, which is normal, I'm hoping.

But, how do I make him go use the litter box? I would take him to the vet, but I don't have a way right now until my boyfriend gets home from work, and by then, it will be closed.

So can anyone give me any suggestions on getting him to poop? I've read that putting a drop of cooking oil will help, but I'm kind of hesitant about that.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
[notify]

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 6:22am PST 
Dark Karo syrup. Just a little bit mixed with some warm water and either mixed with food or fed through a syringe.
[notify]

Bathory

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 7:13pm PST 
@ Trek, thanks! We took the little one to the vet today and he gave Napoleon Lactulose. Going to start him on it tomorrow.
[notify]