GO!

When do cats get full size?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 6:39pm PST 
Hi! Our cats Phoebe and Mayhem are 6 months old. I was wondering at what age do cats stop growing. I know dogs are 18 months. I never noticed with our cats before and it has been on my mind. Thank you for helping me figure this out. wink
[notify]

Sundance

Want a Smooch?

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 10:35pm PST 
On average, cats reach their full height and length around one year. But their body still needs to mature for a few more years. I think it might be more noticeable in males as they develop more muscle and muscle means a few more pounds added on the body. And sometimes with long-haired mixed-breed cats, their long hair doesn't show for a few years. I would say you won't see any more changes by 3 years old.

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '12 6:01pm PST 
Most people would say about a year, although they may still "fill out" after that and it can also depend on the type/breed of cat, for example Maine Coons may continue to mature/grow up to ~5 years old...
[notify]

Juliette

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 3:49am PST 
Siberians are like Maine Coons in that they are full maturity at five years.
[notify]

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '12 10:12am PST 
Thank you everyone.. I believe Mayhem and Phoebe are shorthair mix kitties. They are 6 months old and Phoebe is very slender and Mayhem is very thick. They are not over weight. They are very spoiled :O) Thank you again. I hope you all have a great day
[notify]