GO!

Walking me ?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

ღ misha- ღ

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:19am PST 
Does anyone have any experience walking or using a harness & leash with a cat ?

My two sisters are calico's and are allowed to play outside freely aside from when my parents now have to open the screen door for them cuz of me, i haven't been outside..... yet.

i am a bengal kitten, 8 months old and i keep hanging by the screen door hoping to go out soon. my parents paid good $$ for me so they don't really want to let me out.

do you think i would do well on a harness ? tomorrow i am going for my last shot, and to get micro-chipped. kitty
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 2:34pm PST 
I looove walkies on my harness. Get one, and let your kitty wear it on & off inside to get used to it. Mom really just follows me around the yard while I am on the leash so I can explore, but not get into trouble. An important suggestion if we may: When letting kitties go out,especially on the leash. PICK UP the cat before you go out. This way they learn that they cannot just run out, they can only go outside if they are picked up. I will actually sit by an open door & wait to be picked up so I can go out. Have fun! ps glad you are microchipped - all kits should be!
[notify]

ღ misha- ღ

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '12 7:52am PST 
thank you for replying ! as soon as i feel better from my shots and microchip, mom is going to take me for walks in the yard. cheer
[notify]