GO!

How to Introduce a new Kitten?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Lucky

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 6:11pm PST 
The guy just really made us nervous. He told us this story of how they recently got this cat in that attacked and almost killed a new kitten. I mean it didn't make sense to me why a neutered male would kill a kitten, all the stuff I've read says that usually happens with a tomcat that is protecting it's territory.

How can you tell when it gets too rough? We let kitten out of the crate today and he went straight for Rorshach, they started running all over the house and batting at each other which was really cute until Rorshach rolled on his back holding the kitten and started doing that thing they do with their back legs. My sister freaked out, yelled CLAWS and ran in and scooped the kitten up. But didn't actually see claws. She said it looked brutal. But the kitten did not make any noise at all, except to hiss as she picked him up. And didn't seem traumatized at all they are playing through the door as I type this.
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 11:06pm PST 
I think the pouncing on the carrier is a form of play for the older cat. Belle does this to our feet all the time. She'll hide behind the tv stand and then come running out when we get close enough and pounce on our feet.laugh out loud
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2