GO!

Something new with Elijah............... :r

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 1:05pm PST 
Elijah was neutered on Monday (12.12.11) on Saturday he started something that he had never done before.
I got a new extra soft blanket. I was curled up under it and Elijah was climbing on me and he started biting the blanket and patting the blanket almost like he was giving me a message. I have read where kittens will do that thinking it is there mommy and kind of nursing. At least that is what I thought. It wasn't till later that I realized he was actually masturbating.
So I figured he was just starting to come into his hormones, and that we were just in time with the neutering. Well he has been masturbating everyday since Saturday. At first it was only on the one blanket. But I put it up because I didn't want Elijah to hurt himself. Now he is doing it on all my blankets and throws. I actually saw his penis when I took the one throw away from him this afternoon.
How long should this be going on now that he is neutered?
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 1:10pm PST 
From what I remember other CATSTER members posting, this will pass with time. It is pretty natural behavior for a young male cat. At least you know there are not kittens coming due to this behavior!!!

He really is one cute littlt guy!!

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 1:44pm PST 
our Cousin Blackie did this. He was in love with one particular pillow on the sofa and would love on it sometihng fierce, and give it plenty of weird kitty massages, too. As it didn't hurt the pillow or him, it didn't matter.
[notify]

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 5:03pm PST 
At least he is not spraying. I do not remember my son's cat doing this before or after we had him neutered and the only other male cat we had was neutered when he was 2 and half months old. Even when he is doing this I cannot be upset with my little guy. I just wish he would choose not to do it next to me. laugh out loud

Yes, I am glad that he will not be a father from this or cause anyone else to become a mommy.
[notify]