GO!

Kitten plays with wet food

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Flossie!

40% fur 60%- attitude

Purred: Sat Nov 12, '11 8:56am PST 
Hi guys,
I have a beautiful fluffy 4 month old little lady who is very playful and whom I have alot of fun with. Her playfullness is becoming problematic though with the appearance of this one strange hobby- she plays with her wet food and doesn't want to stop.

It was easy getting her to stop playing with her poop, and climbing curtains because I could take those things away, I can't take away her food. I have tried distraction with toys but she always goes for the food instead. Shes a bit persianny, and just getting over her first really awful FHV infection, and I'm wary of using noise and water for discipline because the stress might make her conjunctivitis come back. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a food problem?

Any advice?
[notify]