GO!

New Kitten Arriving Saturday

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Undecided

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 5:35pm PST 
I will be travelling to my new forever home this Saturday! My current caretaker, Lillian, will be bringing me on a very short plane ride. I might even get to look out the window with her!

I don't have a name yet, but I know I will be a welcome part of my new family. I will be an only cat for now, but my new parents will take great care of me.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '11 6:45am PST 
You are a very beautiful kitty!!!welcome
p.s. Mom was proudly owned by a Siberian before us!kitty

Edited by author Wed Nov 9, '11 6:49am PST

[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '11 8:53am PST 
He is gorgeous! He looks like a little bobcat.
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '11 10:31am PST 
Welcome to Catster!

Your pawrents seem very nice and will take really good care of you! We can't wait to talk with you more on Catster!

Three cheers for forever homes!

cheercheercheer
[notify]

Undecided

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '11 2:11pm PST 
*preens* Why thank you all for such a kind welcome! I went to the doctor's today to get fixed. I didn't know something was broken!

But I have 3 more sleeps until my airpland ride. Most of my litter-mates have gone, but I have my fur-mommy and some new kittens to keep my company!
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Thu Nov 10, '11 6:00am PST 
What a precious little fluffball you are!!! We know you will have your new pawrents trained in no time....MOL...MOL. And no, little kitten, nothing was "broken", but your caretaker was doing what is best for ALL kittens (and puppies).

Look forward to seeing your CATSTER page with your name on it and more photos.

The New Orleans Kitties happy dancecheerdancingwave

Edited by author Thu Nov 10, '11 6:01am PST

[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Thu Nov 10, '11 12:31pm PST 
Yah another kitty here near me!!!

cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer.cheer
[notify]

Undecided

Purred: Sat Nov 12, '11 9:59am PST 
I am in my new home now. The plane and car rides were a little scary, lots of different sounds and smells. But I like my new place. I explored the room a little and got to snuggle with my new parents.

I haven't eaten or drunk anything since coming home, or used the litter box. But they are close to my carrier. Is it normal to not want to eat, drink, eliminate when I'm a little nervous?

My new parents are giving me some quiet time in the carrier, I think I might nap a little!
[notify]

Gypsy

Purred: Sat Nov 12, '11 11:18am PST 
Are your parents giving you the same food that you're used to? Same with the litter?

Moving to a new home can be a little overwhelming at first, so it can help if food and litter are familiar. Have them take you to the litterbox frequently and let you leave it all by yourself, so you have a good idea where it is when you need it.

One thing that can help with new home stress are artificial pheremones like Feliway. It comes in both a spray and a diffuser (like a plug in air freshener). Your parents won't be able to smell the diffuser, but it might make things less stressful for you while you get your bearings.
[notify]

Undecided

Purred: Sun Nov 13, '11 5:42pm PST 
Thanks to all my feline friends! I did eat and use my litter box today! So my new parents aren't worried anymore.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2