GO!

wobbly

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Babygirl

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 2:24am PST 
Hi, my kittens are 4 weeks old tomorrow and I was just wondering if it's normal if they're still a bit wobbbly. They kinda walk a bit then stumble then get up walk and so on. They seem to be coming on leaps and bounds, they have started to poke their heads over the box now which is really funny and when ever they see me enter the room they meow as if to say "yay we get to have some play time out of the box" lol. laugh out loud
[notify]

Callie

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 3:38am PST 
We haven't fostered kittens that young so I'm not sure how normal it is although my guess is that they're still learning how to get around. But is there any head bobbing? I'm what's called a CH or "wobbly" kitty. It's a neurological condition where I wobble when I walk and I fall over and my head bobs. Just keep an eye out for wobbling that isn't going away. CH is not contagious and it doesn't get worse with time. Kitties like me can live long and full lives.
[notify]

Babygirl

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 6:54am PST 
Their head doesn't bobble about, but it is probably just them getting used to walking. I let them out often while I'm in the room so it gives them a a chance to do loads of practicing lol. They seem to love it and then they knacker themselves out and it's time for a good long sleep lol
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 11:20am PST 
It's normal for them to be wobbly at this age because their body has doubled in size in a very short time. They are learning how to use it. They'll continue to be clumsy, but only at times, until they are full grown. It's gotta be a BLAST at your house!!laugh out loud
[notify]