GO!

Ready or not, here comes Gypsy!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Gypsy

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 10:33am PST 
So, after making me wait forever, my new daddies came and picked me up this weekend. At first I was all anxious in the car, and was meowing up a storm, but Dad petted on me some, so I settled down.

Happy to report, I didn't get carsick or need to potty or anything for the whole car ride.

When I got to my new home, there was just so much to check out. I came out of my carrier and started smelling and looking around. I was so brave!

I tell ya, though. I'm a handful. I'm wearing my new Daddies out with all the playing I want. I bet I could play all day long if I had someone to play with. Playing alone is no fun, though. And forget about laser pointers. I figured out right away there's nothing there to sink my claws into.

Daddy put up pictures of me in the car and taking a little kitty nap.

I'll have him put up more pictures if I slow down enough for him to take some more.

-Gypsy
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 1:45pm PST 
Enjoy your new home and new daddies Gypsy, may you have many happy years together. Oh and tell them you need another kitty friend to play with......*walks off whistling*
[notify]

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 4:02pm PST 
Gypsy, I am so happy for you that you are with your new daddies now. Tell them you are just keeping them in shape.
I will share Abbey with you till you get someone of your own, she knows how to play real good with kittens.
Welcome Home partyhug
[notify]

Jane, Lydia- & Mary- Bennett

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 4:03pm PST 
Gypsy: We visited your page and left you a present and a Friends Request. All of us are SO happy you are finally in your furever home.

Must agree with Patch, another kitty would be great to keep you company and work off some of that Kitten Energy. Hint....Hint....MOL...MOL.

Welcome, precious Gypsy!!!welcomebig hugcat on moonwavewave
[notify]

Emily

Don't pet, play!

Purred: Mon Oct 31, '11 7:00am PST 
Welcome to your new home, Gypsy! applause Glad your car ride went well. Our mom is amazed that my brothers and I still have an insatiable need to play at just over one yr old. Of course, having each other does help some! Have fun!
[notify]

Gypsy

Purred: Mon Oct 31, '11 5:27pm PST 
I was a little crazy today. Dad opened the windows so I could take in the autumn smells, and I doesn't know if it blew away the comforting Feliway pheremones, or if I smelled something overstimulating outside (I was about a inch from a squirrel), but I started hiding behind the dryer. I know it's only day 3 in my new home, but I never did that before.

When I heard him right in front of the dryer calling for me, I got my purr machine going, and went out and loved all over him and fell asleep in his lap. But then later, I started running around like I seed some ghosties or something. Tearing across the room and jumping up and scratching at the door.

Other daddy came home from work and wanted to pet on me, but I gave him a scratch instead. frown Then I got ignored and I fell asleep on a chair.

After that, I seemed normal again, but still pretty sleepy. I's napping now, but woke up enough to get my purrs going when daddy told me how pretty I am and how much he loves me.
[notify]

Emily

Don't pet, play!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 6:27am PST 
Awww....I wonder if the smell of strange animals was a little scary. You may never have had the windows open at the breeder's. Hope you keep settling in well.
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 8:09am PST 
She's so adorable! She's still getting used to all the new sights and smells at her new home. Ralphie's "safe place" has always been behind the washer and dryer. If he's ever startled by an unfamiliar sound or if anything happens to freak him out, he dashes to the laundry room and squeezes behind the machines and stays until he's sure the "danger" has passed. He doesn't do it too often anymore, but it was a frequent occurrence when he was a little kitten and still getting used to the goings-on around the house.
[notify]

Gypsy

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 8:41am PST 
Daddy's not too worried about me hanging out behind the dryer... it doesn't sound like I gets stuck, and I gets my purrs on when he talks to me back there, and I comes out and snuggles. (Other daddy's not happy with the idea, but oh well)

Daddy took me to the vet today and now he's all stressed out. The appt went well, even if I didn't like having my nails trimmed or being dewormed, or my rabies shot.

The breeder specified only killed virus vaccines and no ketamine for surgeries, but the vet said they didn't even HAVE any killed virus vaccines, so now Daddy doesn't know WHAT to do.

Bengals have some in common with Savannahs, so maybe he should ask some Bengal owners?
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 11:23am PST 
Welcome to your new forever home Gypsy! You'll have plenty of fun years ahead of you with your daddies! Make sure you don't give them too much trouble!
[notify]