GO!

Breeder checklist

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Siri

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 1:45pm PST 
After my horrible experience with Siri, I have decided for my next kitten spending the money and getting her from a reputable breeder. I have found one that i think is spot on but I want to make sure i am not forgetting to check anything.
She is registered with ACFA, CFA, and Ragamuffin Associate Group.
The kittens are born in her home and never caged.
She only has three females and one male and does only a couple of litters a year.
The mothers and fathers are tested for the HCM gene and are tested prior to each breeding for FIV and FELV. The moms and dads are also tested with EKGs every year to insure they don't have a heart condition.
kittens adopted as pets are spade and neutered and given their shots. Kittens are not allowed to leave until they are 16 weeks old.
as part of the contract, kittens are not allowed to be declawed or left outside.
they come with a 2 year health guaruntee.
After the kittens are born, my parents who live closer to her are going to go check things out and see if it looks legit.
Ive talked to her and she seems really nice. She is willing to help me find the right kitten, even if it isn't with her.
What else should I look out for? I think she covers all the bases very well and she doesn't seem like a backyard breeder, or a mill. A kitten from her would be healthy (or have the best chance of being healthy) and socialized.
[notify]