GO!

8 day old stoped pooping

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Berry White- aka Wiggles

Mr Wiggles....- Mew Mew Mew..- Feed Me Wom

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 5:16am PST 
cat on moon found this lil guy in the dirt by a bush, the mothers i did know of didnt want anything to do with him... we could touch theres but they didnt want him =o( sigh

so hes been pooping all this time but yesterday nothing and this morning still nothing.....

this is not my first Rodeo, ive been doing this for 6 years never so youn maybe 3 weeks was my youngest baby..

Berry is moving and wiggling all over eats great.. pee's..... just started on kmr powder the cans are just to expensive at pet V@lue...... should i try the vegi oil a few drops.....? cat on moon
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 8:28am PST 
I would start with a very small dab of petroleum jelly to the mouth, I think he's too young to use oils, then 1/2 teaspoon of canned pumpkin added to the food for each meal till he poops, then cut back to once a day, then judge by the consistency. It doesn't have far to travel so it should work within a day.

Bless you for taking care of this baby!! applause Luv, Tinkkitty
p.s. A side effect of oils, esp mineral oil, in grown cats is pneumonia from accidentally inhaling it and this risk would be greater in a kitten just learning to use his lungs. That's why I said this.

Edited by author Sat Aug 13, '11 8:32am PST

[notify]

Berry White- aka Wiggles

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 7:59pm PST 
he's still to young to eat. im taking him to the vet to be babysat tomorrow they said theyed watch him while i worked for FREE i know right cheer lol so that was a big relief... but he had a hard stool on saturday about an inch and lil bit today.. OOOO and his eyes finally OPENED ahhhhhhh lol he movin hes wigglin he peeing, his apatite is great but the pooping thing is worring
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 8:58pm PST 
You can puree the pumpkin and add it to liquid or dropper-feed.

You are doing such a great job!! He's SO little!!
[notify]

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 9:23am PST 
You are stimulating him to poo, right? Just wanted to make sure.
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 1:12pm PST 
Yes, you do have to rub his bottom with a washcloth or something to make him go--not too gently either. Watch a momcat, they lick pretty hard. you have to keep it up till he goes also. He can't go all by himself until he's 3 weeks or more.
[notify]

Berry White- aka Wiggles

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 5:28pm PST 
yep yep but nothings happening, washcloth, tissues, toilet paper...... asked the vet she didnt have any insight on it. she said keep doing what im doing... Hes active. hes hungry, and he can see lolkitty he pooped a bit more this morning but he should be pooping more.

i'll look for the puree machine... as long as its cheap ive already spent almost $200. on vet visit, boarding, bottles and kmr...
.. thank goodness i got this new 2nd job or i really be freaking out how im gonna pay for him... Thats one draw back... no one ever thinks to offer any money to help out.. Oh please Help youi GOTTA TAKE HIM he's helpless) but with vet the kmr its getttin expencive ****sigh hes worth it and dads enjoying taking care of him LOL hes racing on friday i cant aford to bord him again sigh its 5 hours and he'll be 14 days old... ay yi yi lol hes on his own for that just hope hes not racing on sunday hmmmm so much to think about hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[notify]

Berry White- aka Wiggles

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 5:31pm PST 
blaaaaaaaaaaa tired.. time to fed da baby mew mew mew mew
[notify]

Athena

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 6:59pm PST 
Wow, you are amazing, thanks for helping out that little guy! Most of the time that little adorable kitty would be be helpless and have nobody to take care of them. You are doing a wonderful thing, keep us posted, I'm looking forward to seeing him grow up in his pictures smile
[notify]

Greta (now- in kitty- heaven)

I am the QUEEN- OF THE HOUSE!

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 4:37pm PST 
Oh he's so beautiful! How's he doing? Any luck getting him to poop? Also how does his tummy feel? I'm just wondering if maybe he is backed up. The fact that he pooped even a little is better than nothing. I commented on your page under my actual name. smile Let us know how he does!

Miss Greta (and mama Lynda)
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4