GO!

Does anyone else miss their cat's kitten-self?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Wed Jan 5, '11 11:32am PST 
Teddy actually we do have a Maine Coon but she also acts a lot different than when she was a kitten.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Fri Jan 7, '11 9:20am PST 
In my experience cats remain big balls of love for life, but the love matures in such a way that they mostly seek to be loved on their terms. That's certainly true for most cats I've known, as well as my kitty Gracie. I think that's part and parcel of loving cats, to know that they're not necessarily outwardly affectionate (and yet when I was pregnant Gracie was usually the one to come up to me when I was feeling sick or sad, and would paw at me as if to say "it's ok mommy, I still love you!")

Boris is kind of an oddball: he's shameless in his attention seeking behavior and can definitely be picked up off the floor and loved on (and actually enjoys being scooped up and loved on!), whereas most other cats my husband and I have ever done this to fight to be put back down on the floor!

We joke that the only explanation for it is that Boris is part siamese, and part dog. laugh out loud While we know how special that is, it can also get suffocating to have a cat who always seeks some reassurance of love from his humans. I have to admit that when Boris pesters me for love at 5 AM, or while I'm trying to take care of my human baby, I do kind of get annoyed at that, in a "I'm sorry, I already spent a half hour petting you while the baby was asleep, you had to know that when she wakes up I gotta pay attention to her!" way.

Edited by author Fri Jan 7, '11 9:24am PST

[notify]

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

I\'M HAVING- FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Purred: Sun Jan 9, '11 12:15pm PST 
Mom says she doesn't think she would have survived my youngest kitten-hood. I was less than a year old when I came to live with her and I'm still full of mischief and hijinks. If I was much more active and into stuff it could have been bad.

What Mom loves now is that I'm a snuggler and cuddler just like Tia and sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered.laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Spike

Good Buddy

Purred: Fri Jan 14, '11 1:32pm PST 
Nope, my Spikey cat always followed me around and sat with me. He loved to be pet. I never had to worry about him getting into any trouble.
He recently died, so I miss his Adult Cat-self.
I have a new kitten. He's a cutie, but sure likes to get into things, what a handful! I love him too, but there are definate advantages to adult cats.
[notify]

Frodo

Catnip? THERE IS- CATNIP OVER- THERE??

Purred: Thu Jan 27, '11 1:59pm PST 
Not really. He was a really cute and charming kitten, but I like his older-self. He's very cuddly now as opposed to then cloud 9
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2