GO!

Normal 6 Month Old Weight?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Thu Oct 7, '10 11:33pm PST 
I am 8 lbs also! So I do not think you should worry. Meowma thinks I am part MC also. Though I do talk ALOT!!!! mol no chirping for me!
[notify]

♥- Socko- ♥

Beware the lean- mean sock thief!

Purred: Fri Oct 8, '10 5:08pm PST 
Malibu is just right. Actually, for a 6 month old cat with a thick coat I actually predicted about 8 lbs. If you want the healthiest possible weight for your cat, then I suggest something pretty self explanitory: Give your cat healthy, nutritious foods (purina cat chow and Fancy Feast are both good choices) and exercise good. Just to warn you though, don't give your cat ALL wet food, make it more of a combination of wet and dry. Wet cat food is not nessisarily a requirement, but it is still helpful, for it helps keep your cat hydrated, healthy, and have a well-balanced diet. Ask your vet for further instructions and tips.
[notify]

Stewie

Purred: Wed Nov 24, '10 8:19am PST 
wave Herro, Stewie here...just got back from the big snip-snip eek and the vet had me weighing in at a suave 8 lbs. 3 oz. So I guess that puts me on the bigger side of things? shrug I eat Blue Longevity for Kittens and am by no means pudgy. I was only 3-3.5 pounds when I came home 3 months ago and all tail...Mommy thinks maybe she should let up on the canned Wilderness I get as a treat? shock
[notify]

Ziggy

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 3:04pm PST 
Ziggy just went to the vet a few days ago to get neutered and he weighs 11 pounds! He's 6 months. The vet said he is long and lanky but not fat. He's a DSH but the vet says he is going to be a very large cat at this rate!
[notify]

Marley

Mommy's Big- Kitten

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:15pm PST 
Marley was 12 pounds at 6 months! He's 3 now and weighs about 14 pounds.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:35pm PST 
Teller was 7 lbs at 4 1/2 months. There's not an ounce of maine coon in that kitty! He isn't fat, looks sleek like a Bombay. Long legs. My lil panther.
[notify]

Riley

Purred: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:42am PST 
According to my vet 7lbs is a good weight as my kitty is the same age and same weight. He's been struggling with being underweight but I think we finally got it under control with our vets diet.

Edited by author Tue Feb 1, '11 8:42am PST

[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 7:40am PST 
I was neutered when I was 8 months old and my papers said I weighed 10.6 lbs. Mom always thought I was gonna be a big boy.

Pudleigh

Such a house cat

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 9:48am PST 
Wow, I guess I am small, then. Just 3.5 pounds, and 8 months old! And I'm not super furry, or bony; I just look like a much younger kitten.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Wed Feb 2, '11 8:10pm PST 
I edit my post! Teller is 8 lbs 3 oz at 5 mos old haha wow I weighed him at the vet today
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3