GO!

Best kitten toy ever!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Asher

"I'm the king of- the castle"

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '07 7:44am PST 
My mom made the best toy ever for our new kitten. She took an old sock and stuffed it with plastic sacks like the ones you get from the grocery store. She made it about the size of the new kitten and tied off the end in a knot. The kitten plays with it all day. He jumps on it, sits on it, bites and kicks it, paws it, rolls around with it. The plastic sacks add a little "crinkle" to it when he plays. It's kinda like a littermate substitute if you will. I had one when I was little too and I loved to play with it...and I still do sometimes!
[notify]

Rasha

On the Prowl....

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '07 9:24am PST 
Aw, thats cute! I have knotted up socks for the dogs to chew on, maybe i'll give that one a try! kitty
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '07 9:38am PST 
No, don't share the cuteness! It's making mom want a kitten, and I'm not ready to share her yet with anyone, let alone some upstart kitten! frown

But.... awwwwwwwwwww, so cuuuute! smile
[notify]

Hermes

Messenger of the- Gods

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '07 3:00pm PST 
That is a great idea! I bet even kittens with littermates would like this. Our litter is 4 but some are more rambuctious than others so it might help with the energy left over when the others have had enough. way to go
[notify]