GO!

We need lots of purrs...

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Smokey

Thing 1 - too tiny to be a- kitty

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 4:48pm PST 
Our little foster brother is getting sicker by the moment. Our Mommy and the shelter had him on Sub Q Fluids, Clavamox for his URI and terramycin for his eye infection, but he's getting worst. Mommy's been force feeding him with baby food, but as of last night, he stopped being able to keep it down, so mommy made an appointment with the vet first thing this morning.

Our little foster brother has a 104 tempurate! The doctor told mommy to keep doing what she is doing, and told her to try giving the little give Cefa Drops instead since the Clavamox doesn't seem to be working. We also have to do the sub q fluids daily to keep from getting dehydrated. The doctor gave us a little Kaopectolin and a pencilin injection as well, to both fight off the infection and help us keep our food down, but it's not looking good.

He warned mommy that there is a chance that she could lose our little foster brother in the next 24 hours...mommy is so sad, she can't stop crying...please snd out all your purrs and wishes that our little brother recovers...Mommy refuses to give up hope, she told the doctor to do whatever he could to save us, regardless of the cost, so both mommy and the doctor are doing everything they can...We all just want our little foster brother to pull through this....
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 7:08pm PST 
With our most ill residents, our shelter feeds home made chicken soup. Chicken broth is "healing"; even The American Medical Association said so. And since it is liquid, the little kitten doesn't have to chew . . . just swallow. Plus, being a liquid helps to keep him hydrated. Home made soup is a plus as there will be no salt added.

We're hoping that you and the vet can pull him through this.

We are purring for the little kitten.

Purrs and Love from
The A Team: Athena, Apollo and Aragorn hug hug hug

Smokey

Thing 1 - too tiny to be a- kitty

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 8:02pm PST 
Thanks so much! I'm really searching for anything else I can do to help him pull through...I ordered some Enisyl-F (L-Lysine) Nutritional Supplement for Cats, Four 15 ml Syringes, upon the recommendation of my vet and some Rebound Oral Electrolyte Solution, which is basically a liquid diet for cat, it's chalked full of calories, carbs, electronlytes and so forth.

I'm really hoping the little guy pulls through, espcially because he's a feral. I brought him home only a week ago, so to see him not knowing the love of a human until just recently and then being sick like this, just breaks my heart...
[notify]