GO!

Potty training and other concerns

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 3:02pm PST 
Hi,

When I need to go poop I get a bit fidgety and stroll around the house mewing at any closed doors (including cupboards) before I go in the litter tray.

I only had one accident on my very first day in my new home - before I really knew where the litter tray was! Why do I get so upset?

I also twitch loads in my sleep and have terrible wind!

Is it normal for me to sleep all day?

Are my mum and dad just a pair of worry warts? I am their first kitten.
[notify]

Bowser

RAWR. FEAR ME!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 1:45pm PST 
I get fidgety and meow a lot when I need to go to the bathroom too, though I'm not sure why or whether it's normal or not.

Normal cats sleep 16 - 18 hours a day (kittens sleep 20), so it's perfectly normal if it seems like you're sleeping all the time.
[notify]

Ashanti

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 4:16pm PST 
My mom just got a new kitten and she had horrible gas because of the food. Try changing the food to something made especially for KITTENS, make sure it's natural and sensitive. Maybe your kitty isn't completely comfortable going and if you see her getting fidgity, you should pick her up and place her in the box.

The sleeping is fine, you'll be happy because once they hit the "toddler" and "teen" years, they get wild!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 1:16pm PST 
Cheers guys! I think you've helped mum and dad relax a bit smile

I also think I may be heading into that toddler/teen stage! I am seriously frisky!
[notify]