GO!

exhausting!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Otis

Testing mummy's- nerves one day- at a time

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 9:42pm PST 
OMG.

Kittens are exhausting.

It's been a little rough going from a highly obedient perfectly trained cuddle bug of a cat to KITTENS.

Don't get me wrong; I don't regret adopting them in the least. I just needed to post to a place where I think someone may understand where I am coming from big grin
[notify]

Suki

I'm a princess

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 3:02am PST 
Hi, don't worry, it's hard work at first but it will get easier. keep us updated on how you are doing
[notify]

Cleopatra- 8/4/96-7/18/- 13

Cleopatra~Queen- of de Nile

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 4:59am PST 
They will slow down a little eventually! Hang in there!
[notify]

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 7:07am PST 
It's good that you have two together to keep each other company it's MUCh more exhausting if your one kittens sole playmate as all they want to do 24 hours a day is play!
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 7:15am PST 
Totally hear you!

Mommy hasn't exercised much in the two weeks we've been here MOL. She'll even sometimes forget to feed herself! But things are calming down in the last couple days...or else she's gotten used to our schedule laugh out loud
[notify]

Rocky

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 7:16pm PST 
Mommy knows what you are talking about. She has me and my sister and mommy finds it hard at times also. She knows that we love her though and that once we get a bit older it will be better.
[notify]

Gracie Mae loves Hazel Lucy

Why, yes, I am a- Supermodel- pussycat!

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:25am PST 
it's been almost 14 yrs since mama had 2 little kittens...but she very clearly remembers how much work Biddie & I were (TONS of fun too)
be patient, consistent, gentle and loving...they'll understand after a while...and they'll respond better to positive behavior reinforcement too ( lots of extra praise & cuddles when they do something right)
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 10:08am PST 
What cutie pies you are!! No wonder your meowmy took you little guys. We adopted our meowmy in May, 2006...she had lost four cats in Hurricane Katrina. She can understand where you are coming from. We live in a 350 square foot FEMA trailer....and when we first moved in we would run back and forth all the time. Meowmy said we sounded like a herd of elephants instead of two small k ittens.

Trust me, it will get better - and you did the right thing taking two kittens. Meowmy did that so we could keep each other company while she went to "work" (whatever that is).

Emma, Louis and Benny Grunch

P.S. Benny Grunch moved in with us in January, 2007...visit our pages
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 12:56pm PST 
Mommy says she knows where you're coming from. She adopted me at 6 months, but boy was I a bundle of energy! I've calmed down some, but I can still be a terror in the mornings, and sometimes that's hard to take for her. I'm also a lot more vocal about my needs now.

Just remember, establishing boundaries is key: if you let kittens wake up up at 4 AM, they'll keep doing it. If you let it be known you need to sleep, thankyouverymuch, they will adapt to it, even if they'll sound upset about it at first. Just hang in there.
[notify]

Captain (RIP- 2006-2010)

Captain Cook

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 2:01pm PST 
MOL, I drove mom NUTS when I was a kitten. Her hair was, and still is, the best toy ever!!!

Just hang in there...we calm down after a while...at least a little bit!! big grin
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2