GO!

Getting A new kitten

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

❤Ruben❤- DB #⑩

The Boss

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '07 7:42pm PST 
Hello Kitties! Well its official now. Grandpa told mom she could get me a pal. Mom and I are so excited but mom is just praying she finds one that is close to me in purrrsonality. Please purr that mom makes the right choice when she goes to see the kittens. We know we want another Male but that is about it.
Lots of love
-Ruben
[notify]

Simba

Crazy for- catnip!

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '07 9:53pm PST 
You're so lucky to be getting a new kitten friend! I wish I could get one...
I read in a book that my I got when I was adopted that it's best to adopt another cat it would be best to adopt one that's younger and the opposite sex. Hope that helps!
[notify]

❤Ruben❤- DB #⑩

The Boss

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '07 7:39am PST 
Thanks Simba! I have heard that Neutered male cats get along fine too. People told mom that male/female combo tend to bond more but male/male are good too as long as they are both Neutered. Also she has read that Females are usually the ones who have a problem with a new cat coming in. I'm sure it has to do with personality too. Mom tends to lean towards male cats because she hasn't had much luck with the females in her family being very friendly or nice. She knows there are many friendly females but she just doesn't have good luck with finding them.

Mom thinks I will probably be fine with it because we are kind of the family babysitter for cats so when people go out of town they bring their cats here. They usually stay in the same room as me and I am the one who always wants to play and have fun but they usually don't want to. So I live with an adult female cat (SJ) about one week every 3 months and I have lived with two kittens for about a week and neither has phased me much. Never once did I hiss or seem hostile towards the other cats. Mom just hopes I am the same with a new member of the family.

Edited by author Thu Jul 19, '07 7:47am PST

[notify]

Fela Kiti 5/1/06-7/16/09 loves

Can I play with- that too?

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 6:43am PST 
as long as your mommy keeps you in mind, she'll definitely pick the right kitten for you all!!
mama & papa kept my sisters in mind & came home with me! MOL they say they couldn't have gotten a more purrfect fit for our family!! big grin
Concats on your new brother!!

Edited by author Sat Jul 21, '07 6:44am PST

[notify]