GO!

The New Baby

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Spliff

Pretty Boy

Purred: Sun Jul 15, '07 6:31am PST 
So to let everyone know, after much debate we decided to get the new kitten. We went to the animal shelter yesterday and adopted him (I was so surprised we were allowed to bring him home the same day!) Marley is taking some time to get used to him, although I'm sure her reaction is normal. She hisses every time he comes near, but hasn't made any attempt to bat at him. We brought home a kitty play fort to cushion the blow and it seems to have made Marley quite content (as I write this she is sleeping on top of it). The kitten seems to be adjusting well, he's a little bit timid and not used to tons of affection, but don't worry we'll show him what it's like to be loved. I wanted to share with fellow feline fans the good news.
[notify]

Cleopatra- 8/4/96-7/18/- 13

Cleopatra~Queen- of de Nile

Purred: Sun Jul 15, '07 7:05am PST 
Congratulations and oh, so cute!!!!
[notify]

Natasha

i wanna explore - let me out!

Purred: Sun Jul 15, '07 3:09pm PST 
Good Luck with the new kitten, don't try to rush things, they will adjust eventually and grow to mutual ignore. If they start fighting you may want to keep the kitten in teh bedroom or bathroom until your old cat gets used to her smell and starts to get curious about it. Just dont push and you should be fine!
[notify]