GO!

Vet says I'm a huge kitten

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Leonidas

Big Leo!

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 1:11pm PST 
I had the same questions when Leonidas was a kitten. I was like "damn, this is a huge kitten, wonder if he is alright?". The Vet told me that a really large male cat can get between 18-20 lbs., and be a normal weight. She said anything over that 20 lbs., and the cat is generally a little overweight. I hope that answers your question..Paul
[notify]

Slick

Love Me or Let- Me Sleep

Purred: Tue Jul 10, '07 6:12pm PST 
Haven't you ever heard that 'big is beautiful.'

Formerly a full figured girl (20+ lbs)
Slickcheer
[notify]

Otis

Testing mummy's- nerves one day- at a time

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 9:31am PST 
My kitten Kermit is just passed 3 mo. and has to be at least 4 or 5 lbs. His brother is at least half. OMG, Kermit is going to be huge laugh out loud
[notify]

Mystic

I am the head of- security in my- house.

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 5:29pm PST 
I was 12 lbs at a year old. They called me Fat Fluffy one before my Momma came and got me to live with her. I am now 3, but we skipped last years vet visit because momma heard we don't need shots every year since we dont ever go outside, so I dont know what I weigh now. I love her much more since we didnt have to get those nasty shots.... I know when I step on moms belly she says "ugghh" so I must weigh a ton, but I am furry so I know its all fur. SHe is making a vet appt in a month or so, so I will know soon if I am still the Fat Fluffy One still!!!!
[notify]

Gracie

Amazing Grace

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 6:42pm PST 
You're sure a cutie!! It's good to get our annual Vet Visits (much as I hate them and that is Much Indeed!).
The visits are about more than vaccinations, it's a chance for our Humans and the Torturer(whoops, I mean Vet), to discuss how we've been doing, any concerns, changes in behavior, etc. and for the Vet to give us a good once over and make sure he/she doesn't spot anything that could be off. Checkers and I also have annual adult wellness bloodwork done. That's optional, but, it gives the Vet and Mom a good idea of how everything's working and it's a go0od baseline that would be diagnostically helpful, if we did get sick.
We only have to have Rabies every 3 years and the Vet said at our next visit, he and Mom will discuss, what, if any, annual Vaccinations we need. We're also indoor only.
I confess I'm a bit chunky, Mom just said she needs to keep an eye on that ~ oh JOY!
Take care and good luck at your next appointment.
[notify]

Bowser

RAWR. FEAR ME!!!

Purred: Sat Jul 21, '07 8:56pm PST 
I would be happy to be large -- The vet says I'm the smallest kitten she's ever seen and my owner always treats me as though I'm made of glass.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2