GO!

Recipies for a balanced raw food diet?

This is the place to share your best homemade cat food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your cat's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Mordecai- Sabestain

I\'m a tough guy- - shh no I am not

Purred: Sun Mar 6, '11 9:18pm PST 
Does anyone have a balanced recipe for a raw food diet? Preferably with chicken and no other meat, we have some real picky eaters here.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Mar 7, '11 6:11pm PST 
There's one here and here and here. The second link has two recipies, one that uses bone and one that doesn't use bone.

You could also just use a pre-mix with raw chicken if you don't want to buy all the vitamins and minerals that most recipies require or don't want to spend a few hours dringing up meat and making a big batch of food and portioning it out into meal-sze portions and freezing it. A pre-mix conains all the vitamins and minerals you need. TC Instinct and Better In The Raw are two pre-mixes.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Mon Mar 7, '11 7:33pm PST 
For picky butts, try alternating flavors with each meal. I do beef, chicken, beef, chicken. I use Parmesan to entice but only on beef.

Alnutrin found at knowwhatyoufeed.org is for chicken but I use it for whatever. It's portioned for 6lbs of food at a time unless you get a scale. The work involved is always going to seem tedious until you actually get into a rhythm, then it's notsomuch. Getting the kitties to eat the raw is what is going to challenge you. Tiny victories! I'm still newbster
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Wed Apr 27, '11 8:20am PST 
I personally dont like any of the premade raw diets. you just dont know what your getting, and some of them have fruits and veggies in them!

A personal favorte of mine is www.catinfo.org

there is a link on the website for a boneless diet, (if you cant afford a meat grinder, but its strongly advised that you get one) the website is run by a vet, and her website makes perfect sense to me. Im currently feeding the no bones diet untill i can afford a meat grinder.
[notify]