GO!

Easy to make home made cat treat recipes?

This is the place to share your best homemade cat food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your cat's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Jax

CAPTAIN- jaxparrow.

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '07 7:22pm PST 
Anyone know of any easy to make cat treat recipes? This can include catnip treats, but im looking for something other than catnip (my cats dont really like it that much). If anyone could show me some that would be great. Its always great to bond even more with your feline friends :3
[notify]

Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Mon Jul 16, '07 7:43pm PST 
I found this one on-lin:

ngredients:
1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
1 small carrot -- finely grated
1 tablespoon cheese -- grated
1 teaspoon brewer's yeast
1 teaspoon dried catnip
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 egg -- beaten
1 tablespoon tomato paste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, combine the meat, carrot, cheese, brewer's yeast, catnip and bread crumbs. Add the egg and tomato paste and mix well. Using your hands, roll the mixture into walnut - sized meatballs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes until the meatballs are brown and firm. Cool the meatballs completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These also freeze well.

Also this one though not sure about the brewers yeast some cats have reactions to it:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned mackerel -- drained, crumbled
1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon grease
1 egg -- beaten
1/2 teaspoon brewer's yeast -- optional, see Note

Directions:

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Drop dough by 1/4 teaspoonfuls 1" apart onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake in a 350 degree oven 8 minutes. Cool biscuits and store, covered, in the refrigerator.

Note: Brewer's yeast is an excellent source of essential fatty acids and B-Complex vitamins for a glossy coat and stable nervous system. It's also known to prevent flea infestation.
[notify]

Jax

CAPTAIN- jaxparrow.

Purred: Mon Jul 16, '07 8:00pm PST 
thanks a lot!
[notify]

Skylar (10-26-99 to 7-23-10)

Cooking up- recipes in style

Purred: Mon Jul 16, '07 10:17pm PST 
I have a lot of treat recipes and other recipes in my group "Chef Skylar's Open Restaurant". Look on my groups on my page for the link. smile
[notify]

Paddington

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 2:56pm PST 
Mazzy is really finicky and I (Paddington) will eat just about anything - but we both go crazy for the treats our human made from recipes on PetFoodCookbook.com - especially the Magic Cookies!!
[notify]

Milo

I'm cute, and I- know it.

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 1:06pm PST 
Paddington
We tried your link but it keeps shutting dowon on us, too bad!
[notify]

Ramses

I'm Ramses, fuss- me Mummy!

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '07 7:49am PST 
Turkey Terrine

1/2 lb (aprox.) of turkey meat - leg meat or simmilar being the best and cheapest
1 small carrot - adds vitamins as well as a bit of roughage (dietary fiber)
1/2 tbsp aprox. - ground up egg shell or 1 crushed calcium tablet (for added calcium)
1 packet of gelatine
Water

Cube the turkey meat and put it in a sauce pan, grate and add the carrot (this way us kitties don't pick it out and leave it) and cover with water - at least 1/2 pint (1 Cup). Bring to the boil and simmer for at least 1/2 hr - this makes the turkey very tender and yummy! Now take 1/4 pint of the liquid and put it in a bowl and dissolve the gelatine in it, stir and make sure it's fully dissolved. Now take a few of the cubes of turkey and put them into two flat containters (preferably ones that have lids), the rest of the turkey, carrot and the added calcium of your choice should be liquidised with the rest of the fluid and add it to the gelatine mixture to make it up to about 1 pint (add extra water if needed). Stir to make sure the turkey and gelatine combine evenly and pour over the cubes of turkey in the two containters. Now leave to cool for about 1 hr and then put the lids on the containers and carefully put in the fridge to set - about 1-2 hrs. Once this is set you can feed it to your cats!
[notify]

Lizzie

I LOVE OREO!!!

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '07 8:40pm PST 
hey. i'm new to this kindof stuff and don't know what to make that my cat would like. seh likes the store bought treats that are salmon or turkey or chicken flavored. i want to make her something really nice for her birthday in october. (halloween) or christmas (idk when she was born. we got her from teh shelter) i need something that i know she wont get sick from, like milk or tuna. anyone have any ideas?
[notify]

Ramses

I'm Ramses, fuss- me Mummy!

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '07 3:21am PST 
What about making something like the turkey terrine and adding some catnip to it after it's cooked and before it's set? Mummy does that for us as a real treat and it's just lovely!! cloud 9
[notify]

Lizzie

I LOVE OREO!!!

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '07 2:24pm PST 
great! thanks! mommy will try that! big grin
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3