GO!

Homemade Cat Food

This is the place to share your best homemade cat food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your cat's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Friday- Lucifer

Little Boo,- Airstream Mascot

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 3:01pm PST 
Hey all,

My parents have gone crazy. They bought me all Pet Promise canned food b/c they have nothing to do with Menu Foods and use their own factories. I liked it for a few days and now I refuse to go near the stuff. I am eating only Pet Promise Dry. It has corn it in - do you kitties think that is a healthy ingredient?

They are frustrated to the point that they want to start making me homemade food, but they don't know where to begin. Mom is reading things online, some say to cook the food, others say raw. If they switch me, do I still eat dry food? Does it get mixed in with the homemade food? What kinds of meat are best for a senior cat - I am 13. Anyone have any good recipes?? We started giving him some medium -rare hamburger meat...figure it is better than a can.

PURRS and around,

Friday
[notify]

Friday- Lucifer

Little Boo,- Airstream Mascot

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 4:24pm PST 
Has anyone out there heard of either of these 2 sites?

https://www.petdiets.com/consult/default.asp?ConsultType=N utritional%20Consultation

http://www.balanceit.com/

Thanks!
[notify]

KharismaOfTh- eUnwanted

What ever Lola- wants Lola gets!

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 9:12pm PST 
Our house went totally raw. I am finally filling out and looking like a cat! I'm nine years old and weighed only 4lbs when I was rescued. I act and look like a young cat again. The only concession my human has to make for me is grinding or chunking my meat. I refuse to eat bones so I get vet specified human grade supplaments. We get organic elk,pork,rabbit,duck,beef, buffalo,salmon,trout,chicken and goat. Our newest arrival refused to eat anymore of th food the shelter sent home with him, once he learned what the rest of us were eating! We are so much more excited about feeding time now!
Good luck whatever your food path!
[notify]

Marie - Defender of the Empire

Ramses' warrior- princess!

Purred: Sat May 12, '07 2:36pm PST 
Has anyone gone to COOKED cat food?
[notify]

Retsina,- 1993-2010

Queen of the- Mansion- (retired)

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 9:32am PST 
Mom's cooking our evening meal. We haven't gone totally over to home-cooked, yet, and still get kibble in the morning, because Mom is still reading, and still experimenting to see what stays down when she feeds it to me--I have a very delicate stomach! But since we started getting the Felidae dry, and one cooked meal a day, I haven't vomited at all! Plus I have more energy than I've had in two years!

Mom's getting our recipes from Dr. Strombeck's book, Home-Prepared Dog and Cat Diets.
[notify]