GO!

Cedar oil on carpets for fleas

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

asia

Purred: Sun Jul 25, '10 6:07am PST 
I'm looking for an effective treatment for fleas for my carpet. I just came accross an article on another website that says diluted cedar oil spray on carpets kills fleas. Anyone have any info they can share?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Jul 25, '10 9:53am PST 
I wouldn't do that. Any oils of any kind are very toxic to them. This is from my website on the toxic foods page http://ibdkitties.net/Toxicfoods.html: Citrus fruits and oils of any kind can cause severe vomiting and GI distress. d-Limonene and linalool are citrus oils with insecticidal properties. These are metabolized in the liver resulting in liver damage or failure. If
ingested, citrus oils and any essential oils in full strength form, can cause liver or kidney failure. If they're inhaled they can even cause neurological disorders and brain damage. Cats are more susceptible than dogs. If the product also contains piperonyl butoxide, the toxic effects of citrus oil extracts may be increased. Never treat your cats with dog products, the result may be fatal.
[notify]