GO!

How do I transition my cat to covered hooded Booda litter box?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Sat May 8, '10 5:33pm PST 
Hello furriends, kitty

I went to PetCo yesterday to buy a new litter box for my Kally Kat.
She had an accident (pee - pee) at the rear of her box in her box. She goes too far back & then she must have aimed a litta too high. red face
When I went into the baffroom to check her afta she left da baffroom, I then noticed that it was a litta small ball without realizing that most of it went ova the rear of da box & landed on the floor.
This is the first time this happened shock Oh, I had my work cut out for me first thing in the morning..washing the floor as squeaky clean & then washing her box out too!

I asked the PetCo store manager for her advice on Covered Hooded litter box as she has cats & use those type of boxes.
She then suggested a covered box. I saw this Petmate pink litter box with an open walk - in, no flap door.
It's deeper & a bit larger .. it's measures in height at about
10" inches higher than her old litter box which is only 6" inches in height, not large or deep enuff.

Now, I need sum help with the change over as to not Stress her out.
PetCo manager, said to take sum old litter & put it in the new box, & leave the cover on it first. Let her try it out on her own.

She went in & then she looked all around & looked upp the top, like Meowmy iz this my new Pink litta dollhouse or a Pink caddy (Cadillac) like Mary Kay's Pink Caddy's mol mol... I don't tink I'm gonna like this! shrug

For those of you that have this type of box, what's the best way for me to do this. I know sum cats don't like new changes.

PetCo store manager said to try it out & if worse comes that she doesn't use it, I could return it back to the store.
I would wash it out real good upon returning it.

I want to give her a chance to get used to it & try it, as I said I've never seen this happened before.
She has never marked her territory ever, anywhere in the house.
She's very good & always uses the box. Kally Kat only usually Pees once a day & duz hur #2 once a day.
I use WBCL World's Best Cat Litter which has proven to be the best for her needs. No perfumery fragrances, minimum dust, & clumps so well...

Sorry for the long Post, I would appreciate sum kind & helpful suggestions from any furr Mom that can help me!

Thanks furriends & we lubb yew rite bak! smile

Gotta keep it in da Box! way to go

"Happie Furrmom's Day" to all!

Lubbs,
Kally Kat & Momkatt Liz ♥♥

Please see link below for Kally Kat's new Pink litta box.

Kally Kat's new Booda Pink litter box!
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Sun May 9, '10 9:42am PST 
Hi, Miss K!wave

Happy Meowm's Day to your Meowmmy!!

Meowm actually had to transition me earlier this year. We went from a regular litter box with clumping litter to the Scoop Free with the crystals.

Meowm set up the new one, but she left the old one just in case. She didn't really even have to do that because I went into the new one right away -- even with a different type of litter!

Meowm says to leave both boxes until she gets used to the new one. She will. She might even like it right away!

Purrs,
Coopkitty
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Mon May 10, '10 1:23pm PST 
HI KK ! Oh this is a snap of a question... put litter in and proceed to watch.. THE END.
MOL.. we have always used a hooded litter box, we have ONE LARGE box that Kuj and I share. The other open kind we make much of a mess, diggin the flying the litter out the sides.. I think you will like this, think of it as your enclosed sandbox for flinging poo and pee.. its fun, and your mom wont get mad cause you wont make a mess ! MOL.. I really dont think you will need a transition, just put some old litter in it and take the old box away - KK will know what its for. Shes a smart Kitty Kat that Kally Kat girl -
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Tue May 11, '10 5:50pm PST 
MeOwz Coopurr & Kisu, wink

Kally Kat is now using her new litta box wiff outts da Hood! laugh out loud

She wuz walkin inns & outts ob da box like wut in da wurld dew wee hab heyah? I dont tink I like dis noo cubba on da tops shrug

So far she's using the box & it's deep enuff & she hasn't missed wen she's doin hur #1

I threw outts da old litta box. Now, shud I put the Hood bak on & see if she'll still use it wiff da Hood on? thinking

She nevers kicks outts hur litta eva, so, at least that's one less worry!

Keepin itz in da box.

Tank mew furriends!

Kally Kat in hur noo Pink Cadillac!
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Wed May 12, '10 7:18am PST 
I think you should put the hood on, I think my cats like it cause it gives them more privacy to take care of business.. try it, just for poops and giggles.
I think it looks nicer wiff a top on it also, then your not looking directly in at doo doo and pee pee clumps.big laughshock Not that we let them accumulate, we do clean our litter box 2x a day.eek

Edited by author Wed May 12, '10 7:20am PST

[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Wed May 12, '10 7:43am PST 
Kisu, laugh out loudlaugh out loud Oh my Kats kitty yoo are so funnie laugh out loud

Okay, I'll put it bak on wheyah it beelongs.....way to go

I tew, keep hur box supa kleen as I'm home more now. When da neighbors & friends come ova dey can't beleeb I hav a Kat! shock neva complain ob da stinkies, beepawz dayah izz none!

So, da great litter WBCL & da great foods, & mee da Mommy iz a very kleen housekeepah....cheer

Tank mew furriends, we lubbs ya rite bak!

Lubbs, ♥♥
Kally Kat
[notify]

Coopurr

Purred: Wed May 12, '10 9:12am PST 
Coop's Mom here. We're glad, Miss K! Now, will you please teach your little buddy Coop a couple of lessons on how not to kick his litter all over the place? (And he has had a hood from day one!) MOL!

Purrrrrrrs,
dancing
Coop and Meowmmy
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Wed May 12, '10 2:22pm PST 
Coopurr, do yoo have a door flap on yur litta box as yoo enters it? How can yoo get it all ova da place? shrug

Are yew da real Coopurr Anderson 360 pawleeze stand upps? laugh out loud
Do you memba dat show Mom from da old days? It was called
"To Tell The Truth" or maybe yur Mommy izza too yung. red face
I beleeb it's from 1969 to 1978

Hey Coop are yoo sure it wuzn't Carter makin da trubbies?

Are yew still using dat Rake kleening mashine uh, Litta Maid? I member yew lubbs to play in da box & wuz fascinated wiff da rake moobing! happy dance

Lubbs ya,
Kally Kat wink
[notify]

Coopurr

Purred: Fri May 14, '10 2:20pm PST 
Sometimes it IS Carter who knocks my litter all over the place! He's a bad dude! But Meowm doesn't believe me. Meowm thinks I do it.

And I do have a hood, but Carter scoops up the litter in his paws and carries it out of the box. That's crazy, isn't it?

As for Anderson Cooper...keep checkin' my diary. There will be some news up very soon.

Happy poops, Miss K! I hope you're still enjoying your new litter box!
Purrs,
Coop
[notify]