GO!

Helping how to Choose Best Cat Litter

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Sat Apr 24, '10 8:07am PST 
We use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra litter for multiple cats. Us kitties here prefer clay litters. This is the brand the human and cats are happiest with. It's low dust, clumps well, controls odors well, and not too expensive - about 16 for a big 40# bag. We've tried several brands of litter. We wouldn't use Feline Pine or Yesterday's News. We also tried WBCL and while the human liked it, the cats were less impressed. We've also tried several brands of scoopable clay litter, 2nd choice would be Fresh Step Scoop.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Sun Apr 25, '10 6:34am PST 
Hi Linus ! wave
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 8:24am PST 
I have to say I just read that article Tasha provided from that site and I completely disagree on all levels about the WBCL. We tried just about everything out there and this one has the less dust for us! It does take awhile to get used to but now we're okay with it and like it better because we're not inhaling those awful chemicals from regular litter and neither is my mom! We tried the pine pellets and I couldn't STAND IT! I felt like I was walking on jagged rocks. We haven't tried Dr. Elsyies though, maybe we could try that one but it would mean upsetting the whole litter thing again. But we like WBCL. Better than clay anyday!
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 1:29pm PST 
Hi Finney wave

I wonder if WBCL is better now than when the article was written?? shrug I don't remember it being dusty either. I just could not take the smell wink

I like the article because it compares all 4 basic types of litter: clay, corn, wheat & pine way to go

We really like Dr Elsey's, but would not recommend anyone switching if they are happy with what they have cheer
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 6:50pm PST 
Hi Tasha girl! Well we like the WBCL now but my mom says it still does not hide my poopy smell at all. I'm a very stinky boy and P-EW! LOL! But maybe we'll get a bag of Dr. Elsye's and just mix in a little to see if it makes a difference. Mom wants only the best for us. Plus she's going to be doing a page soon for the website about IBD triggers and cat litter with dust and clay is one of them. Yes, another page! LOL! Mom has a lot of work to do.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu Apr 29, '10 1:32pm PST 
Corn cant cover up POOP smell, but yet Id rather smell POOP than perfumey cat litter
YUCK, at least POOP is a natural smell. Heres me when I POOP shock MOL big laugh
[notify]

Louis- Quatorze- (1996-2012)

le Roi du- Sommeil

Purred: Thu May 20, '10 7:50am PST 
we have been using Dr Elsey's here for a few years and it seems to work very well.
Dr Pierson wrote in the article about how Dr Elsey's at one time got more dusty for a while and turned out to be due to something in their machinery . So maybe when she was trying the WBCL there was also some temporary problem or one that only affected certain bags and some of them ended up wherever she bought it. But like she said there is none that is perfect, and they can vary between bags as far as how dusty.
That sure is a thorough article about litterboxes!
[notify]

Fee Verte

OmNomNomNomNommm

Purred: Sat Aug 28, '10 10:31pm PST 
Votin furrrr Dr. Elsey's Kitty Litter too!hamster dance
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2