GO!

emery cat

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Bridey

bright light

Purred: Fri Aug 13, '10 8:21pm PST 
My mom bought one on a whim and I kinda like it because it's something I can attack and scratch HARD without getting yelled at. But the best thing about it was the furry feather on a stick that came with it! I broke that now but I still scratch on the rough part a couple of times a week.

My big sister is the one with really long nails though, and she hates it and won't come near it; she only likes the carpet scratcher. But she is picky; I like all scratchers! Carpet, cardboard, emery, the cabinet doors . . . all good!
[notify]

♥- Socko- ♥

Beware the lean- mean sock thief!

Purred: Sat Aug 14, '10 4:48pm PST 
Yes; I have expierienced emery cat before. My mom bought one before because she noticed that at the animal shelter where we adopted our little adopted Socko, they had a couple of those things laid out for the cats; we saw many of them scratching on it, and it dulled their claws apparently. So, once we finally brought Socko home, his claws were very dull, practially rounded! It didn't actually hurt at all when he scratched people, it actually felt kind of good! However, when we bought one from the pet store and brought it home, he for some reason wouldn't scratch on it! Our other cat Misty, who actually has no claws, did rub her paws on it however. My mom thinks that we may just have to declaw him eventually when he finally gets older. (He's only eight weeks old now, six weeks when we got him). We love all our kitties though! Their names are Socko, Daisy, and Misty.
[notify]

Fee Verte

OmNomNomNomNommm

Purred: Sat Aug 28, '10 10:19pm PST 
Daz was one of z toys Mommy bought on day 2 furr me but me no likey.silenced
Iz too rough furr me tender paws.

I love my sisal and jute rope (Mommy handmade one juz furrr me) poles z best.

Then comes me Turbo StarChaser toy wit z cardboard scratch-er.

I still paw som carpets upstairs & daddy's chairs & mommy's sisal wool rug somtimes but I do it very rarely. I don get yelled at ever and my Mom never seems to mind.

happy dance
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3