GO!

How to get motor oil out of my cats hair?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Buffy

Let me play or I- will scratch you- daddy.

Purred: Tue Sep 29, '09 8:16am PST 
This morning I woke up to find my cat covered in motor oil. I wash with Dawn but nothing its thick in her fur so any tips would be nice thanks.
[notify]

Meow in- Loving- Memory

where is my Mom?

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 11:49pm PST 
well Dawn would be my best guess. How long did you let it sit and how many times did you wash her? You may need a whole bottle. I have see the animals with oil from tanker spills being washed with Dawn and they all came out good looking. So you should just keep going with that until it comes out. You could also try a talc powder or a water less ferret type shampoo. It is more of a powder. I use it on my ferrets. Or if real desperate try corn starch to absorb some of it. Just rub it or any of the for mentioned powders in with a towel or wash cloth, comb out and wash if needed. I groomed for 12 years and have never come across this problem. You may even ask your vet what they recommend.
Please keep us informed,
Dawn
and yes that is my name.. mol
[notify]

Maynard

Keep the food- coming!

Purred: Thu Oct 1, '09 7:58am PST 
I'd keep working with the Dawn. We had a dog rescue who was covered in Diesel oil and fuel; he used to hide under the big rigs at a truck stop. It took 3 soakings/washings to get him clean.
[notify]