GO!

Where do you groom?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Khina

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Thu Jan 22, '09 3:37pm PST 
Winter is such a pain! During the warmer months I take the cats into the garage to brush them. The fur can fly all over the place and it doesn't matter. I sweep it up and throw it in the garbage. If I miss some it's no biggie. Piece of cake.

Now it's cold. We must brush in the house. I do it in the bathroom to confine the fur as much as possible, pick up what I can and vacuum the rest. But what a pain!

What do you cats do?
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Thu Jan 22, '09 3:45pm PST 
I set Bumpurr on the counter and groom him. Its the same to him, as the
grooming table and judes table at shows, and when he is being washed
and blown dry, this is where I do him, so its consistancy, and what he is
used to. I also put a towel under him, then throw it in the wash. big grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Fri Jan 23, '09 2:10pm PST 
We groom on the go .... as in, whenever I can sneak in a stroke or two with the brush!! laugh out loud Isabelle hates being brushed, and I admit that in the winter when she doesn't shed, I slack off on the grooming. I noticed she is getting little tufts of loose hair now though, so time to get back on it. shh
[notify]

Stella

Everyone visits- to see me and- only me!

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '09 2:43pm PST 
Usually I groom on the counter. Stella behaves better there. I think when I am on the floor she knows she can get away easier. Funny thing is though that when I groom her on the counter all she does is purr not stop she really seems to enjoy herself. On the floors she wants to get away. mol shes odd.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:18am PST 
Har har har, I just let them shed. True, I give them show baths regularly, which cuts down on the shedding, but other than that, my apartment is cat fur city. When I got my breeder's license, oddly enough, one of the requirements was not to have any carpets. So, now I'm living with wooden/linoleum floors, which makes vacuuming up cat hair much easier.
[notify]