GO!

Long hair grooming questions

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Sky

time to play!

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '07 5:50pm PST 
Hi all! I gots a question. My meowmies haven't had a kitty with as long hair as I have before*fluffs up* And since I came to them before my fur-meowmie could teach me certain things, we're having disagreements on how and when I should be groomed. I want to do it all by myself, but they feel they should help; especially with my tooshie hair*dirty looks to meowmies* I can't always get all the "stuff" stuck back there out*looks embarrassed* and when they go to comb it out, I throw a fit. Is there anything ya'll can tell me to tell my meowmies to do so we can agree on grooming issues better? It would make us all a lot happier. Thank you.
[notify]

♠- KILLER- ♠

DIVA with a- heart of gold!

Purred: Sun Oct 21, '07 3:11pm PST 
mommy uses a slicker brush on me. that's the one i fight her the least on. she tries to comb my but as well, ...but that's too personal. she kinda follows me around until she's satisfied. she also tries to take a flea comb to me. that doesn't work out well, but damn her she's persistant. however they leave me w/ a pretty glossy coat.dancing petsmart sells them for like $5 here. also walmart had online a grooming brush that had 3 different tools on it for $12.
kitty

p.s. if your "private"fur is aggravating mommy she can try getting a groomer to trim your britches down for managability.
[notify]

Louis- Armstrong - ILM

I'm walkin' to- New Orleans.....

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '07 9:29am PST 
Meowlo Sky:

I am a fluffy kitty too *makes big tail*. I LOVE to be brushed, meowmy grooms me almost every day. The "slicker" brushes are good if you are a kitty who does not like to be brushed, and as another cat suggested, have a groomer trim your "kitty britches".

Welcome to Catsterwave

Louis
[notify]