GO!

Furminator

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Baby

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 4:49pm PST 
We have been grooming Baby. He can't do much of that any more. He had been getting those mats in his fur. They bothered him. We bought this comb called the Furminator. It looks like the head of a barbers clipper. Boy does that work good. Baby likes it when we brush him with it. Takes out enough fur that we could make another cat with it. It seems to take out the dead hair from the bottom. It leaves his coat shiney, and soft again like he was when he was younger.. Al
[notify]

Tiger

sleep and eat.

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '07 7:09pm PST 
where can you get this? I have problems with matts too. It gets so badthat we had to shave around my back and tail area.
[notify]

Mr. Fez- (Angel- Dreamboat- #25)

Hippie Kitty

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '07 7:54pm PST 
Hi Tiger,

Mom found the best price on Amazon.com when she ordered my Furminator. And yes, it works pawsome! The first couple times you use it you might want to go outside. Just an FYI, it is a de-shedding tool and the company does not recommend useing it on fur already matted. Regular use should help prevent mats though. for more info see http://www.furminator.com/
[notify]

Atlas

Look at me!

Purred: Mon Aug 20, '07 1:37pm PST 
My Dad came home with a Furminator on Saturday and boy did it do the job! The first session removed so much fur, much better than any shedding brush I've ever seen! No way did we get it all so tonight we're going to have another brushing session. My coat looks and feels so nice! Love the Furminator!

dancing
[notify]

Furman- Dexter- Baggins

Purring fur- Rizzy's Nanny- Jan

Purred: Mon Aug 20, '07 4:28pm PST 
Hi Kitties, MOL when I furst saw this thread I thought it had something to do with me. My Mom saw this thing at a local pet store and wondered if she should try it on me...now we will get it! Thanks for the recommendation!!

p.s. I also noticed you mention shopping on amazon.com for this. I wanted to give you kitties a heads up that a lot of us catsters are boycotting amazon because they are selling dog fighting books and other stuff. If you google amazon and dog fighting you will see the petitions and stuff. They refuse to stop! It is a bummer cuz my Mom used to buy lots of cds and books and Feliway there until a catster told us what was going on:o(
[notify]

Princess- Inky

PrintUm Dano

Purred: Mon Aug 20, '07 4:30pm PST 
My mommy got one at Pet's Mart on sale - 24.95.

It is wonderful. I look so pretty now - I'm pretty heavy so don't groom myself real good. Mom got two small trash cans full of fur.

I feel so good and love to be de-furred with it.

Baby (Dec.- 1987-Dec.- 2007)

Wingin' It

Purred: Mon Aug 20, '07 4:34pm PST 
My Mom got one at Cat Faeries where she bought some anti-icky poo and other stuff to help with my, er, incontinence issues. Hey, I'm almost 20, whaddya want from me. laugh out loud
The Furminator is great. Another cat, is right!
Mom made little mousies for all of us to play with from my old fur. laugh out loud
[notify]

Wally♥Forever Loved

Sophie\\\'s- Forever Love

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '07 11:51am PST 
FURMINATOR ROCKS!
$24.00 is reasonable. Mom got it on eBay for 14.00 and got a second one for a friend red face for less then $20.00
This is the seller.http://stores.ebay.ca/cheapcheapbay
It comes from Hong Kong in about a week and it is the
real deal!
Love,
Wally
[notify]

Milo

I'm cute, and I- know it.

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '07 2:16pm PST 
My Mommy is thinking of investing in one since I have fluffy fur and have been known to get the occasional matt. How do you guys like the feel of it on your skin? Does it scratch or pull at all? If so I will not be into that. I like gentle brushing only and tolerate the under the arm brushing for a very short time.

By the way Wally. They have both purple and blue ones on link that you gave. What is the difference? They both say they are small and are for cats and look at bit different....??

Edited by author Tue Aug 21, '07 2:25pm PST

[notify]

Merlin

*I Bet I CAN!*

Purred: Sat Aug 25, '07 5:45am PST 
Milo -
Our Mommy bought us a Furminator, and at first we rejected it. We were used to a rubber block with bristles. It took us a few times but we kind of like it now. It kinda feels good as long as Mom keeps moving around and doesn't keep brishing the same spot for too long. And BOY does it feel good to lose all that extra fur as hot as it is here! The Shed Ender we had didn't work nearly as good as the furminator!

Me, I love the Furminator. I just lay there and pur while it feels like I'm getting a good back-scratching that goes below the fur!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2