GO!

Best flea & tick prevention?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Rose Carter

Life is Good

Purred: Wed Jun 7, '06 10:07pm PST 
Hi, I am Rose Carter, an indoor only kitty and my sissy cat, Oreo, is both indoors and outside. We live in North Carolina near a wooded area, and our Mommy has been using Advantage on both of us every month during the summer. It has always worked well to keep the fleas and ticks off us and out of the house. She thinks it is supposed to help prevent ear mites too, can't remember??? Recently, we noticed that Frontline is less expensive. Is one any better than the other? Any advice from those who have used Frontline & Advantage or have read about both of them? Thanks.
[notify]

Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14

entrepurrneur

Purred: Thu Jun 8, '06 7:36am PST 
Revolution works very well on me. It kills & prevents fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, & ear mites. And it prevents heart worms and other types of worms.

Here's a link that I found about it:

http://www.revolution4cats.com/display.asp?country=US&lang=EN &drug=RV&species=FL&sec=010

Meow Meow,

Rits

Edited by author Thu Jun 8, '06 7:36am PST

[notify]

Rose Carter

Life is Good

Purred: Tue Jun 13, '06 11:17am PST 
While the Revolution clailms to prevent/kill fleas, heartworms, roundworms, and earmites...which is great, I'm worried about ticks too. We live in an area where ticks are a problem, and I have already pulled a couple off of Oreo. The site for Revolution made no claim to tick prevention. However, I don't think Frontline protects against all those worms and earmites, does it? What to do?
[notify]

Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14

entrepurrneur

Purred: Tue Jun 13, '06 1:20pm PST 
Well, it is not labeled for tick prevention, but it supposedly works on them as well. So, maybe you could try it out and see whether or not it would work on the ticks. Hopefully it would.

Revolution is a great product. I wish I had known about it sooner. Better late than never, I suppose.

meow meow,

Rits
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Jun 13, '06 2:47pm PST 
Advantage is great for flras,but has no protection against ticks. Frontline is the product you should use for flea/tick problems.
[notify]

Roxi

When I meow,- you'd better- listen! ; )

Purred: Fri Oct 27, '06 8:32am PST 
frontline will protect your kitty from four types of ticks. frontline was more expensive than advantage or revolution but it definately works. hope this helps you out : )
[notify]

Purred: Sun Nov 13, '11 5:34pm PST 
I have an outdoor cat Target...he is constantly coming in the house with ticks on his neck...he can't bite or chew them off. We have a tick spoon that we pull them off with...almost everyday he comes home with "FRIENDS" sometimes 4 or 5 a day. I use Frontline and it doesn't do anything for ticks. Fleas yes ticks no. does someone have a remedy that might help?
[notify]