GO!

Why do I shed so much?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Thu Apr 13, '06 12:17am PST 
I shed a lot, too! In the springtime, especially!

Mommy's pretty much just gotten used to hair being everywhere and in everything.

Some cats have had luck with the Furminator.

R.I.P~- Snickers!~&h- earts;

~♥Gone But- Still Here In- owr Heart

Purred: Fri Apr 14, '06 3:26pm PST 
I dont shed that mutch but im a mideum long hard cat so if short hard cats shed alot and long hared cats dont sher very mutch than im in the middle! MOL! But than agan my mommy bruches and combs me two times a day! and I get a bath 1 time a month!
[notify]

Ginger Cat

Ginger with- plenty of snap

Purred: Fri Apr 14, '06 3:43pm PST 
My human friend recently read that by spritzing olive oil on my cat food it helps me to shed less. One reason cats can shed is because they aren't getting enough healthy fats in their diet. Usually, the shedding is accompanied by greasy, oily, or flaky skin. The olive oil is used instead of margarine or butter because it is a healthier form of fat and also is assosiated with many health benefits. It seams to work and I love the taste!
Purrs and pounces, Ginger Cat
[notify]

Westley

Stinkmane- Toefelt

Purred: Sat Apr 15, '06 11:50am PST 
I'm long haired and I still shed alot, but it's not as bad as it could be. I think it's because my mom and dad feed me "hairball control" food... it has plant fibres in it, and helps keep the shedding under control. Plus, no hairballs!
[notify]

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sat Apr 15, '06 3:03pm PST 
Did that stuff from Pet Smart work for Lucy, Zory? I get dandruff, too, and mommy's not sure what to do. We've switched to a higher quality food, mommy combs and brushes me constantly, and she's started giving me Nutrimalt because it's supposed to be good for skin and coat. So far, we haven't noticed a difference. She tried giving me fish oil, but I don't like it.

Olive oil? Hmm...there's an idea! I love olive oil! Mommy puts it on bread and sometimes she gives me a little taste and it's yummy! I'm not sure I need the extra calories, though. *blushes*

Ginger Cat

Ginger with- plenty of snap

Purred: Mon Apr 17, '06 10:22am PST 
Oh Beatrice! You are a beautiful kitty! The great thing about the calories and the fats from olive oil is that they are the healthiest way to get them. In fact some human scientists have been studying Olive oil and the link between longevity and it actually helps lower the risk of heart disease by getting rid of the "bad cholesterol". there are countless health benifits! Ok, now I'm sounding like an OLIVE OIL COMMERCIAL! MOL! but really, check it out sometime. It's very healthy. My vet recommended it and my human friends like the idea of less shedding and the added bonus of a longer living healthier ME!

Live Long and Prospurr! Ginger Cat
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2