GO!

softpaws

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Nick

ruler of #1723

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 4:50pm PST 
My mommy thinks I tear up her futon & poke too many holes in random things (I beg to differ), so now she wants me to use softpaws. At least that's better than declawing me (ouch!). Does anyone have any advice? Has/does anyone currently use them?
thanks!
[notify]

Lexington

Lexi-love

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 5:33pm PST 
Hiya Nick!

If you look back at some of the other pages of this forum you will find some other threads about this subject. You might find some useful information there.

ALso try Training & Obedience. Make sure to look through all the pages of threads, not just the first page of them. There have been threads started there as well about Soft Paws.

Good luck!
[notify]

Quasar -- In Loving- Memory

Triblet

Purred: Wed Mar 8, '06 12:26pm PST 
We have never used softpaws, but we have a TON of things to scratch that are not mom's furniture. Are you sure you have enough sratching posts and fun things to scratch? Has mom tried different textures (like wood or rope)? There may be something you like to scratch even more than the sofa! Also, weekly claw clipping may be in order! How many times a week does mom give your nails a trim?

:: goes to shred some TP, which is WAY more fun than a couch ::
[notify]

Simon

Feed me or I'll- break this.

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 9:40am PST 
I wear soft paws (blue ones!) with geat success. But my mom would reccommend having your vet show you how to put them on. They won't do you much good if you don't put them on right. The trick is to not cut the nail too short, that way there is more nail for the glue to stick on. Having an assistant when you put them on helps too. Good luck!
[notify]

Lexington

Lexi-love

Purred: Tue Mar 14, '06 7:19am PST 
Your very welcome Nick. By the way - THANK YOU!!
[notify]

☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Tue Mar 21, '06 7:16am PST 
I have hot pink soft claws and agree about having the vet help you. Mom messed up the first time and they came off quick. She got them on e bay which was a little cheaper than the petstore, but they are worth it either way.
Also agree about having lots of other things to scratch with different textures.
We have a condo, post, house/mat thing, and an entire throw rug to scratch. The first 2 are carpet, and the other 2 are hummmm not sure a heavy gunny sack material. We also like cardboard, haven't tried rope yet.
[notify]

Azurine- Ambrosia

I DID NOT DO IT

Purred: Tue Mar 21, '06 10:05am PST 
I donot wear soft paws, but mom has seen them. She trims my nails once a week, just the tips and I have lots of things to scratch on...
AND I CANNOT SCRACTCH ON ANYTHING ELSE.. BECAUSE IT IS NOT BLUIE'S geeeeeeeeeez whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bluie
[notify]