GO!

Over Grooming

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Magnus

You think you- know, but you- have no idea

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:31pm PST 
I am having issue with my little "fluff 'n stuff" Magnus. He has always been an odd cat exhibiting antisocial behaviors. However, when I moved to Central Michigan to Central New York 3 years ago he began compulsively licking and grooming. Currently, he has no hair between his hind legs. I have taken Magnus to the vet several time and paid ridiculous amounts of Money to have him tested for everything imaginable (thyroid, Skin Fungus, Parasites etc...) I have even resorted to Kitty prozac and that didn't work either. I believe this is behavioral as the vet has never found anything wrong with him.
He's got plenty of clean litter boxes to choose from, toys a kitty jungle gym, quality cat food and cat diffuser. I spend everyday after work with him.
He's just a very unhappy guy. I can just see it in his eyes. I am running low on cash and ideas.

The brilliant Cat Lady Sarah Donner suggested that I just try to love him, I have done everything. I just don't see it that way.

I am starting to think maybe he would be better off with a family who specializes in behavioral animal. It breaks my heart because he has been there for me for 5 years of my life. I feel like I can't give him what he needs. Prayers and suggestions would be helpful.
[notify]