|Purred: Thu Mar 12, '09 9:55am PST |
|Shiloh is not even three years old yet. On December 19th, 2008, he began vomiting. Two days later he hadn't stopped and was 'hiding.' We brought him to the vet and he stayed there over Christmas. We found out he had a case of pancreatitis and was sent home on medication and bland cat food. He recovered, but didn't gain any of the weight back that he lost. I thought that this was good because he was sort of chubby to begin with.
Around the 27th of February, I noticed Shiloh was not eating as much as he usually does. I watched him closely and a few days later he wasn't eating at all. I had to wait and save up money before I could take him in to the vet. I thought that maybe he was feeling depressed because we have 3 other cats and he had to stay alone in my room a lot because of his special dietary condition. So I brought him over to my Mom's house over March Break to see if he would get better. We force fed him until I could take him to the vet this Tuesday.
The vet told me he was severely anemic and feared the worst - Feline Immuno Virus or Feline Leukemia. I cried and held my baby until the test came back - Negative. A sigh of relief, one hurdle passed. Now he is staying with the vet as they attempt to coax his bone marrow into producing lots of red blood cells.
I'm so worried because the vet is still acting like the prognosis is not that great for him. He has lost a lot of weight and is a weak little rail right now. I can't help but think about when he used to be healthy and how I would do anything to have him healthy again. I am a university student with no money and I won't be paying my rent so that he can have all the treatment I can get for him. My boyfriend is helping me... but it all feels so hopeless. This little guy has been through a lot with me, we're best friends and I just want him to be okay.
I am nineteen years old and this is my very first cat. He's barely had a chance to live yet, being so young. Please pray for him or at least hold him in your thoughts, maybe the power of combined thought will help him pull through or something. Please...
I will keep this updated. I have not received a phone call from the vet yet and I am assuming that this is a good thing, at least he isn't doing worse than when he initially came in.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|