GO!

Bast in the hospital :(

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Bast

I can open- cupboards!

Purred: Fri Oct 17, '08 3:38am PST 
Mommy fed me through my tube yesterday morning, then changed my dressing at the hospital. Then she brushed me and I fell asleep in her arms. I'm feeling much better now, running around the exam room trying to open cupboards and drawers, and looking out the window. The vet says I get to go home Friday morning, I am soooooooo looking forward to that. My sister will probably hiss at me for smelling weird. She has been enjoying being an only kitty for a few days. I'm excited to cuddle and sleep with daddy too!
[notify]

Christopher

Who You Callin'- Blind?

Purred: Fri Oct 17, '08 8:35pm PST 
Bast, I'm so happy you're feeling better! You have a special mommy who loves you very much wink

If your sister is hissy you might tell your mommy to get something from home that she/or your sister has worn/or slept on. A T-shirt or blanket or something and rub you with it real good before you go back into your house. Then you have some familiar smells on you again.

Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted!

I'm purrring for ya!
Christopher

Vote for me because I'm GROOVY!
[notify]

Bast

I can open- cupboards!

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 3:05am PST 
He's doing well, still so skinny with shaved bits. I brought him home Friday morning after work. We've been feeding him, and tonight my hubby said he was eating on his own. This is good because the vet wanted me to give him a total of 128ml over 4 feedings a day, but he can't tolerate that much at a time. He has always been a light eater. The yellow jaundice color to his skin is almost gone, and it's turning pink/white again. He's been cuddling alot with my husband, and last evening before I got up he cuddled with me and purred. It will be awhile before he puts that weight back on, but he'll be a pretty pretty princess again! my husband calls him FTK-feeding tube kitty. Samadhi has been hissing at him alot, could be because he hasn't been grooming himself much and smells. I'm going to give him a bath with the disposable warm bath wipes from work in the morning, change his dressing, clip his nails (per husband's request), and feed/medicate him. So far so good, I'm just really glad he's improving.
[notify]

Louis- Armstrong - ILM

I'm walkin' to- New Orleans.....

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 6:17am PST 
Bast:

So glad to read you are home and feeling better. As always, The Power of the Purr has helped another kitty!!! Special thanks to Miss Hazel Lucy for always being there when a kitty needs those purrs.

Get Well Purrs,
Louis Armstrong, Emma Barrett, Benny Grunch, Pete Fountain and Charmaine Nevillecheercheer
[notify]

Patrick- (Angel)

Irish Boy

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 11:09am PST 
Hey Bast, see if your vet would mind smaller feeding 6 times a day. I wasn't on a tube but was doing the assisted feeding thing and did many small meals for a while until I felt better about it and my tummy settled down.
Oo and those wipes! Those were my favorite part! We used baby wipes...shea butter smell and I was all sparkly!

Glad you're feeling better. Keep up the good work and it'll take some time to put padding back on your bones so eat! way to go

Purrrrs,
Patrick
[notify]

Beloved- Angel Amelia- loves HL!

I am finally- with my True- Love Bill....

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '08 2:24pm PST 
cheer So glad you are feeling better!!! dancing

happy dance Keep up the good work!! applause
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2