GO!

Reponse from Wellness on BPA cans

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Sprinkles

NO I will NOT- shut up

Purred: Wed Aug 5, '09 10:47am PST 
Dear Jordan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Wellness® canned cat food.

At Wellness, we are committed to the highest standards of pet food safety. Our highest priority is providing you and your animal companions with consistently safe, premium-quality natural food and treats for pets.

Our 3 oz. and 5.5 oz. canned cat products are free of BPA/BADGE. Some of our other canned cat products and our canned dog products have a small amount of BPA/BADGE in the lining material. The coating used is a water-based, non-toxic, food/ human-grade polymeric/enamel lining. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has said that such materials are appropriate and safe for use, and human-food canned products also use the same lining material.

We are staying on top of the latest research regarding BPA/BADGE and will continue to evaluate our packaging materials when functional alternatives exist.

Sincerely,

Susan Kordish
Representative
Consumer Affairs

000124675A
[notify]

Tanner

I'm too sexy for- my fur!

Purred: Wed Aug 5, '09 11:14am PST 
Thanks, Jordan (and Sprinkles!)
[notify]

Tanner