GO!

What is a serving side?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Mon Dec 23, '13 11:27pm PST 
Ok, I am stumped. What does this august group of incredible feline fanatics regard as a "serving size." I mean how much like 3 oz, 5 oz, etc...?

Why do I ask? I use the Anitra Vita-Mineral mix powder and the instructions say, "add 1 tsp" for each serving.

Regards,
Perplexed
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 9:04am PST 
Good question thinking

It really depends on the cat, I guess shrug Some cats will only eat 1oz serving sizes. Other cats may eat more.

You could start with 1 oz of food and adjust the amount until you find how much your cat will eat in a serving with no leftovers.

The vita-mineral mix seems to be a general nutritional supplement for commercial pet food, not for raw food. I replied to your post in the raw food forum.
[notify]

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:07pm PST 
1) Bless you for your response. I knew a guru would something for me. big grin

2) One day I will just stop typing in the middle of the dang night (subject line).
[notify]

The Thompson- Zoo

Whatever it- is....we didn't- do it!

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 6:32pm PST 
It depends on the cat. I have a cat who will generally eat about 1-3 oz per meal. I have another cat who would eat probably 10oz in one meal if I fed it to him. He's a pig laugh out loud
[notify]

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 11:07pm PST 
big grin I have a couple of "black holes" too.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jan 2, '14 2:07pm PST 
I agree with Merlin. It all depends on the cat. some eat more and some eat less.
[notify]