Close X

What is a serving side?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

I am the Love- Monster.
Purred: Mon Dec 23, '13 11:27pm PST 
Ok, I am stumped. What does this august group of incredible feline fanatics regard as a "serving size." I mean how much like 3 oz, 5 oz, etc...?

Why do I ask? I use the Anitra Vita-Mineral mix powder and the instructions say, "add 1 tsp" for each serving.

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 9:04am PST 
Good question thinking

It really depends on the cat, I guess shrug Some cats will only eat 1oz serving sizes. Other cats may eat more.

You could start with 1 oz of food and adjust the amount until you find how much your cat will eat in a serving with no leftovers.

The vita-mineral mix seems to be a general nutritional supplement for commercial pet food, not for raw food. I replied to your post in the raw food forum.

I am the Love- Monster.
Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:07pm PST 
1) Bless you for your response. I knew a guru would something for me. big grin

2) One day I will just stop typing in the middle of the dang night (subject line).

The Thompson- Zoo

Whatever it- is....we didn't- do it!
Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 6:32pm PST 
It depends on the cat. I have a cat who will generally eat about 1-3 oz per meal. I have another cat who would eat probably 10oz in one meal if I fed it to him. He's a pig laugh out loud

Even the sun- loves me.
Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 11:07pm PST 
big grin I have a couple of "black holes" too.

I agree with Merlin. It all depends on the cat. some eat more and some eat less.