GO!

Wellness CORE causing stinky litter box!!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Rasha

On the Prowl....

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 4:00pm PST 
I had the cats on Taste of the Wild for quite a while but around the time of the recall Rasha had terrible diarrhea. It lingered for a few weeks despite the use of Metronidazole so I decided it must be the food. We switched to CORE and a digestive enzyme. Rasha, Cheetah and Skyllar have all done well on the food (softer coat, firm stool, etc) but their litter box just seems to STINK much more than I remember. I can't afford 100% canned food so I soak the kibble for about 5 minutes which helps with the urine smell a lot. But it seems the stool smell is just soo bad now. My dogs are 100% raw fed and have been for many years but my cats didn't take to it very well. Or I would do it.

What could cause such a horrible smell? They do well on the food otherwise. Should I try another brand? Thoughts?
[notify]