GO!

Wellness change?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Jasmine

Who says I'm not- a dog?!

Purred: Sun Jul 1, '12 10:31am PST 
I've been feeding my 5 year old Himalyan Wellness Indoor Health dry food (yellow bag) for the last 4 years. She had been doing very well on this combined with a variety of Wellness canned food. But, last month we noticed she is losing weight which we can't account for. She looks healthy, she is eating and playful. So I switched dry formulas to the Wellness Complete Health salmon and turkey formula (red bag) for the past 3 weeks, and now she is putting some weight back on. I'm somewhat relieved, although my question is, has anyone else who is feeding this formula noticed a change in it perhaps?
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 2:56am PST 
With weight, the best place to start is with the vet.

Wellpet moved the production of Wellness Complete Health kibble to the Wellpet Holistic Select plant March 2012. You can always call the Wellness customer service number to see if they made any changes to the recipe.

Can I ask you a question? In dry kibble is the only flavor you were feeding the Wellness Indoor chicken? Do you feed any other flavors. I ask because my cats change their favorite flavor about every few months. I have a large selection from turkey, rabbit, duck, chicken, salmon to the anchovy sardine salmon one for them to graze. When they get tired of one, they pick another. Jasmine could have gotten bored of the Indoor Health and now loves the new flavor.
[notify]

Jasmine

Who says I'm not- a dog?!

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 6:09am PST 
I've been feeding Jasmine both the dry Wellness chicken Indoor cat, as well as a variety of the Wellness canned flavors. She has never been a picky eater and will eat pretty much any flavor, so I rotate her wet food. I was concerned that there could have been changes made to the formula regarding calories or something, because she is putting weight back on now that I took her off that one. Brownie is gorgeous... what does he eat?
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 8:13pm PST 
I love color points. Jasmine is so beautiful. Here is the list of our kibble:
Brownie, Cookie ................. * Wellness Indoor Health Chicken
Brownie, Cookie, Candie .. * Holistic Select Duck
Brownie, Candie ................. * Holistic Select Anchovy, Sardine, Salmon
Candie .................................. * Nature's Variety Turkey & Duck
Cookie .................................. * Nature's Variety Rabbit
Cookie, Candie ................... * Pronature Duck
Brownie, Cookie ................. * Pronature Salmon #
Brownie, Cookie ................. * Precise Holistic Complete Salmon #
# one bowl. When the bowl is empty I switch to the other flavor. When these two are gone, I have a bag of Wellness Complete Health Salmon. They eat canned food too. Friskies, Fancy Feast, Soulistic, Meow Mix Pate toppers. We have tried Tiki, Merrick, Nature's Variety and some others they refused to eat.

Did you enter to win $500 of Wellness canned food? http://winit.womansworldmag.com/enter/drawing/d8921cc4cb62e67043d8a1 516a895f4b0fada1ff Enter daily. Ends 7/25/12
[notify]