GO!

Budget cut!!! Affordable canned food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 5:23pm PST 
I would like to point out one Friskies in particular Meowma buys a lot of--the "Poulty Platter" actually lists turkey as the first ingredient.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 10:05pm PST 
Hey Wallace wave You might want to look into a Nutro product called Max Cat. It is a premium food on the lower end of the budget and might suit your needs. My entire family gets a can of it now and then and it comes in chunks and gravy as well a a pate'. We all love it and it is nutritionally sound and made by the Nutro Company's own manufacturing plants. You can check it out at http://www.nutro.com/natural-cat-food.aspx Best of luck on your quest. Hope the budget loosens up real soon too snoopy
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 10:28pm PST 
This is Delyte. We eat mostly Friskies Pate types, which seem to have the most food value in them. The ones with gravy, we eat the gravy and leave the solid bits and we are not sure what they are! We like Mixed Grill, Poultry Platter, Turkey and Giblets, and Country Style dinner. Occasionally we are allowed to have one of the fish ones. We also get one small can of Fancy Feast Classics once a day. We also get BG grain-free food. I eat almost exclusively the wet foods, and I am going to be 17 next week. The Grays like the dry food because they were started on it as kittens, but they all eat a little of the wet food if I leave any for them. Stella had an intestinal problem two years ago, and on this diet she has been quite fat and well. The other two are very fat and well, but our person can't figure out how to feed the 4 of us so that I get enough to eat and Stella, and the two piglets aren't the size of Great Danes.

You can usually get Frixkies and Fancy Feast at Wal-mart for 50 cents each. The only one that comes in the 13 ox cans os Mixed Grill, unfortunately.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 4:43am PST 
My mommy uses fancy feast and purina canned. Mom's found them on sale this week-petco has Purina for 45 cents a can and there is a sale on at Stop and SHop here in NY on Fancy feast thats 52 cents a can. Thats not bad.

It's also on sale at target, 54 cents a can.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 5:54am PST 
Target had a sale on Fancy Feast last week. They have Fancy Feast on sale all the time. It's usually $0.55 a can or somethng like 20 cans for $10.

Tip: Check every shelf in the pet aisle for the Fancy Feast on sale, not just in the cat food sectionway to go Human saw all the Fancy Feast Classics, the ones suitable for diabetics, hiding on a shelf facing the Target store wall. The main cat food aisle only had the Fancy Feast gravy and sliced and other varieties. I don't know why the Classic ones were hiding away from the other varieties shrug So be sure to go around the back of the pet aisles of any store to check for stuff on sale that is hiding away.

Edited by author Sun Apr 29, '12 5:54am PST

[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 8:00am PST 
Delyte, if you try Petsmart they have the big cans in several varieties smile. I don't know why but our Wal-Mart only has one kind also. And Petsmart is the same priice usually, also.
[notify]

Wallace - My Little- Angel

The A-durable- Wallace

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 8:22am PST 
Wow, I will definitely have to check out Target, then! At my Petsmart, FF is usually about 67 cents a can...granted that is cheaper than many others but if I can find it more than ten cents cheaper, I will definitely have to check it out. smilesmilesmilesmile
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 11:47am PST 
This is Delyte. We don't have a Petsmart anywhere near here [65-75 miles] just a Petco.

We have heard that Wal-mart and some of the other stores will HIDE things that have a particularly good coupon in this week's paper, oe take them down and put them in the stock room behind. Our person has seen them doing this, and she knew of people who worked in Wal-mart who did it. They also will refuse to bring out more cans for empty shelves for the same reason. They say it is not "fair" for someone with 4 cats and multiple coupons to buy all of the cat food for cheap and not leave anything for others. The reality is that the profile of this area is "shotguns and pickup trucks" and everyone is supposed to have a dog or two, and not cats, so they always have plenty of dog food but frequently are out of Friskies for weeks. What a stupid way of running a store!
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 4:59pm PST 
BJs has a case of 36 cans of Fancy Feast (3 varieties in a case) for $18.99. They also have a case of Friskies but Human didn't check the price naughty

This week Target has a case of 24 cans of Fancy Feast (3 varieties in the case) for $11.39. Check your local Target to see if ths is available.

At Wal Mart this week is a case of 32 5 oz cans of Friskies for $15.98.

Independent pet stores and smaller chain pet stores may also have good deals on pet food. Some stores will have a mix of inexpensive brands (Fancy Feast, etc) and the higher quality and more expensive brands (Innova EVO, etc).

Don't forget the coupons smile You can check web sites like CouponSuzy.com for pet food coupons and print out the ones you need smile
[notify]

Chloe

Miss Clean

Purred: Tue May 22, '12 7:58pm PST 
do you have any feed stores in the area? felidae is reasonably priced.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3