GO!

Best dry food for a cat on a diet?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Kaci- Sunshine - Beloved- Angel

Sugar 'n Spice

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 8:04am PST 
Hi everyone! wave

Thanks again for your helpful advice and the links! I really appreciate it!

However, my friend made her decision and is doing what she originally wanted to do. shrug

She told me Sammie was doing very well eating Wellness Salmon and hasn't had any tummy issues lately and she wants to stick with Wellness. She went to the pet food store and was able to exchange the salmon for a bag of Wellness Healthy Weight. He's eaten the Healthy Weight for 2 days now and she said he's doing fine. She also bought a few cans of Weruva and BFF tuna and told me Sammie loves the tuna and ate 2 small portions the other night and again last night and had no tummy troubles or vomiting.

At this point, she's made up her mind and I can't push her but will talk to her about it occasionally and hope she's read info on those websites and it eventually sinks in. Alex, I'll also point out the section on your website about liver disease and tell her she needs to read that too.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 7:34pm PST 
Hi Kaci wave You will get a lot of advice here. Most will try to get you to try and have your friend transition Sammie to wet. An appropriate move in my opinion but not all people can afford to feed an all wet diet. Kibble is carb and calorie dense as it is. Cats are true carnivores and are actually obligate or strict carnivores that require animal based foods in their diets to provide their unique nutritional needs. So if a dry diet is what is going to be fed to Sammie, be sure you purchase a premium quality kibble. Nutro Natural Choice is the brand we are fed in both kibble and wet formulas. We have all done well on it with no health issues. Nutro makes a healthy weight kibble which you might want to check out. On an all kibble diet, of any brand, make sure that Sammie is drinking plenty of water to hydrate himself. Not all cats drink a lot of water and rely upon wet food to hydrate themselves. meditate
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2