GO!

Trying out Simply Nourish

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Memphis

World Domination- Is Easier With- Thumbs

Purred: Fri Sep 9, '11 6:48pm PST 
Not a lot of posts on this new brand, so I figured I'd post a quick review on it. I come here and search the forums any time I start experimenting with a brand of cat food, and didn't see anything on Simply Nourish from PetSmart

I bought a few of the small 3 oz cans and a large bag of their salmon and sweet potato limited ingredient kibble. The kibble is a massive hit with my ever so picky and tummy sensitive Memphis. The kibbles are small. My only complaint is that the resealable zipper on my bag came off after about a week of zipping (we don't feed a lot of dry, so this bag will last 1-2 months.

I'm peering over the couch now at the eating area, where Memph and Tenny just gobbled Chicken and Duck stew. Almost completely gone! The food is shredded, and it's strikingly similar in appearance and smell to Petco's Soulistic brand (which was also a huge hit!).

The ingredients for the Chicken and Duck Stew are: water, chicken, tomato, duck, tapioca starch, sunflower oil, xanthan gum, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, taurine, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, niacin, calclium panthothenate, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, manganese sulfate, Vitamin D Supplement, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochlorine, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), Vitamin b12 supplement.

The only downside to the ingredients is the menadione, but it is pretty low on the ingredient totem pole, and my cats don't have any urinary difficulties or a tendency toward crystals. It will also be served as part of a huge rotation, so the fuzzies should do fine on it once in a while.
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Fri Sep 9, '11 7:24pm PST 
I don't like the others, but Meowma gets me a couple of chicken and duck stew ones when she goes to Petsmart. I LOVE it!
[notify]

Turkey

Purred: Wed Sep 14, '11 10:47am PST 
My son feeds his cat "Turkey", Simply Nourish, Adult Chicken & Rice Cat Food dry and he eats it good and seems to like it. He also eats and likes the wet Simply Nourish. He has only started one bag so it has not been too long that he has been eating this.

Here is the ingredients list for Chicken and Rice dry.

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Oatmeal, Dried Chicory Root, Flaxseed, Dried Cranberries, Dried Carrots, Dried Sweet Potatoes, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, L-ascorbyl-polyphosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferric Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein Not less than 36.0%
Crude Fat Not less than 16.0%
Crude Fiber Not more than 3.0%
Moisture Not more than 10.0%
Ash Not more than 6.5%
Calcium Not less than 1.2%
Phosphorus Not less than 1.0%
Potassium Not less than 0.60%
Magnesium Not more than 0.1%
Zinc Not less than 175 mg/kg
Selenium Not less than 0.30 mg/kg
Vitamin A Not less than 30,000 IU/kg
Vitamin E Not less than 350 IU/KG
Taurine *Not less than 0.20%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids*Not less than 3.0%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids*Not less than 0.75%
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)*Not less than 10 mg/kg
Beta carotene*Not less than 3.0 mg/kg
Lycopene*Not less than 0.5 mg/kg
[notify]

Alexis

loves to take- adventures

Purred: Wed Sep 14, '11 1:47pm PST 
we tried the wet food once. forget which one only i liked it and my sister nellie didnt. otherwise it seems like a good food.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:50am PST 
My cats have been on this food for a couple of months now - mostly the dry, as we're experimenting with cans from this brand and the Organix brand (which they seem to like better).

I was drawn to the brand for the ingredient list after my vet suggested my kitties (males) shouldn't have fish - ever. Virtually every other food I could find with a limited ingredient list contained fish as one of the top three, even if it was branded as "chicken" flavor.

The cats seem to really like this brand, but I'm remaining vigilant about recalls and the potential for better food brands. As I said, with the wet food we're still experimenting. They're not convinced yet by the wet food version of this brand (Simply Nourish), but they haven't yet really taken to any wet food that wasn't Purina Kitten. wink
[notify]

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '14 11:53pm PST 
I fed it to my cat, Oliver and he loves the chicken and pumpkin bisque. I don't let him have if often but I wonder if I should be considering another brand. Oliver seems to like the shredded chicken and bits of carrots. Definitely didn't care for the fish. I didn't either. It looked nasty lol
[notify]