GO!

IAMS going out of business??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:18pm PST 
It's Stella. Our person went to Petco today to try and get us some good dry cat food. Of course she got the know-it-all salesgirl who knows everything about cat food, and who directed us to some kind of cat food that if you feed the cat one piece extra, they will get sick. We ended up buying something else. shock

But when we said that I had been eating IAMS Sensitive Stomach, she said that IAMS had closed their factory and was going out of the pet food business, effective already. Has anyone heard of this? We have not been able to get the IAMS that I like here in the boonies, but they had all the usual kinds in the grocery yesterday. And as we said, this person did not seem to be the most reliable source of information.

And she ended up buying $50 of grain free cat food, and so far no one will eat any of the first one she has opened! Petco does not seem to sell any small sizes of anything, or any sample sizes. It seems all to be about ripping off the customer. But this is the nearest large pet store in 100 miles, so we are not sure what else we can do.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:51pm PST 
Maybe try Blue Buffalo spa select (it has Brown rice in it but I LOVE it and ive been very picky) You can order it online too.
[notify]

Tissue

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 11:12pm PST 
I am not sure about Petco but Petsmart has this cool thing where you can actually return bags of petfood that you're pet refused to eat. You could probably call petco and ask.
[notify]

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Thu Oct 28, '10 7:29am PST 
Our Petco has been very good about letting us return foods that the pets did not do well on. As to the Iams thing, no idea, wouldn't be the end of the world for us.
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Thu Oct 28, '10 8:31am PST 
that's very strange because Iams is owned by Proctor and Gamble and this is the first I've heard of it. They make way too much money on Iams, I'd be surprised. I'll try and check it out though. Iams has been having recalls galore this past year!
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Fri Oct 29, '10 3:26pm PST 
I will say that when I was at Jewel yesterday, I went down the pet food aisle (of course to look at the toys! ahem) I noticed a sign by where the Iams food would be that said something to the effect that production issues has caused problems with having enough inventory. So who knows?.....
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sat Oct 30, '10 7:44am PST 
I couldn't find anything on Google that says it's disappearing; maybe the local plant had shut down for maintenence or something. All the new magazines and so forth still have iams ads also.
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Sat Oct 30, '10 7:55am PST 
I found some stuff online yesterday about them closing North American plants when P&G first bought them out. I also found a thread on consumer affairs which VERY recent complaints about illnesses in pets while on Iams food.
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Sun Oct 31, '10 5:03am PST 
One of my mommy's friends who lives in oregon has a kitty who was on an IAMS special diet food (low residue becuase 2/3 of her bowls had to be surgically removed years ago) and they were informed by the vet that they no longer make that food and that there are no plans from IAMS to make another similar one. - That was about 2 months ago. They were forced to switch almost cold turkey to another food..but I dont remember the brand.
[notify]

Maddox

purrmonster

Purred: Sun Oct 31, '10 5:29pm PST 
From what I have heard IAMS has closed their main plant to remodel and do renovations and that they should be re-opening around January, but that is just what I have heard from my sources.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2